What's new

my first 2010 halves

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2008
Messages
4,949
Reaction score
2,326
Golden Thread
0
Location
NorthWest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
today I finally saw my irst 2010 halves......found 7 of them in my box, has everyone been finding them?
 
Upvote 0
I've been getting a few in my boxes, for the past couple of months.
Rich
 
I am only edge-searching dissected rolls, because my dump place will only accept rolled coin now because of vault issues. Slice 'em and search,, they are shipped out loose after the girls crack open the rolls and bag 'em.
So, I don't know if I've found any 2010's or not, I have seen some crisp clad edges though.
Nice 2010 finds!
 
tonite I found 3-40% that looked 100% like clad, edge was completely copper.......must have been a casino coin, if I have edge searched em, I would have missed them for sure. I drop them from one hand to the other hand to listen for the silver sound
 
I miss a lot of 40%ers while edge searching. Always check dates now and squeek out what I would have thrown back.
 
Had one box recently that had about 50 2010P and 50 2010D coins. I kept a couple of each then tossed the rest back.

Maine_Jim
 
I got a full box last month. I released them into the wild.
 
I used to search then re-search by edge/date. I'm confident I'm not missing any, after searching over $100k in halves the last couple years.
 
OmegaMan said:
I got a full box last month. I released them into the wild.

A full box of 2010 halves??
From usmint.gov:
2010 Kennedy Half-Dollar Two-Roll Set (KO2) Price: $32.95

So, that $500 box would cost you $823.75 from the mint (not counting S/H). Each half costs you 82 cents. That's why myself and several others keep the NIFC.........

HH,
Legend
 
If I kept all NIFC I would need to buy a bigger house to put them in. I found another
sixteen rolls Saturday. They all go back today. I only want what I can make a profit on.
 
OmegaMan said:
If I kept all NIFC I would need to buy a bigger house to put them in. I found another
sixteen rolls Saturday. They all go back today. I only want what I can make a profit on.

Are they solid rolls in the mint wrappers?
 
Solid rolls of P & D but not in mint wrappers. They are in the brown
and white ones that come from brinks.
 
OmegaMan said:
Solid rolls of P & D but not in mint wrappers. They are in the brown
and white ones that come from brinks.

The mint does sell 200 coin bags for $130.95. Maybe someone robbed a person and turned them in for face. Where else would all the 2010's be coming from?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom