What's new

~My First American Civil War Button~

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2007
Messages
1,379
Reaction score
642
Golden Thread
1
Location
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Buckleboy and I (The Cane Field Bandits) got out in a new field at 5:30 yesterday morning. Trying to beat the Louisiana heat and humidity. While stomping thru gumbo thick mud and swatting mosquitoes I dug my first civil war button, a Union Eagle. In the past I have found a War of 1812 Artillery button, a U.S Navy 1820s era and three WW1 era buttons, I was beginning to wonder if i would ever get a CW era for the collection. The site we are recovering from is near a CW skirmish site. Other CW relics have been making their way into our pouches. Here I also dug 2 pieces of an Enfield rifle trigger guard on two separate hunts. And a fired mini ball. Thanks for looking and HH!
 

Attachments

  • 100_5198.webp
    100_5198.webp
    136.7 KB · Views: 177
  • 100_5199.webp
    100_5199.webp
    18.8 KB · Views: 145
  • 100_5204.webp
    100_5204.webp
    50.3 KB · Views: 128
Upvote 6
Great find buddy. Finding those buttons here in the Cape area is tough and I don't have the enviro conditions to deal with you do.

Good job!!!

Great to see you back on the forum, Mastereagle! :icon_thumleft:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom