My first Barber...finally...yay!

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi! Finally getting out there after the winter and fought my way through some dense woods...Found some square nails...and then a loud, clear signal..

My first Barber (except for one on a seeded hunt a couple if weeks ago LOL...which, BTW had over 200 detectorists...and someone lost their keys...not to be found that day LOL)

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1556137192.496990.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1556137204.397620.jpg
Sweet shape!

Also found...
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1556137229.151533.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1556137241.485142.jpg
draught horseshoe
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1556137268.271792.jpg

Happy hunting!

Upvote 39
The coin lost most of its value once you polished it. But as long as you like the way it looks, that’s all that matters.

True...and no plans to sell it. It has more adrenaline and pride/excitement value than monetary for me.

Were you hunting the mint? LOL.

Great coin. Congrats!

That first one's a beauty- hope there's many more in store- Great find, neighbor!

Also in RI so im guessing it was the Pound the Ground II

That first one's a beauty- hope there's many more in store- Great find, neighbor!

Thanks, neighbor. You always have terrific finds too!

Also in RI so im guessing it was the Pound the Ground II

Hi Iffy! LOL The lost keys story WAS at Pound the Ground 2. I did find a Barber half there but a seeded hunt doesn’t count as a true find for me...I disappointed myself there with only 4 coin finds but did find a button that I will post for more info...and a ring..not too precious but fun. The woods find of the Barber dime was a really exciting find. Hi neighbor!

Hi! Finally getting out there after the winter and fought my way through some dense woods...Found some square nails...and then a loud, clear signal..

My first Barber (except for one on a seeded hunt a couple if weeks ago LOL...which, BTW had over 200 detectorists...and someone lost their keys...not to be found that day LOL)

View attachment 1706366View attachment 1706367
Sweet shape!

Also found...
View attachment 1706368View attachment 1706369
draught horseshoe
View attachment 1706370

Happy hunting!

Way to go .
A great Date to dig & nice details.

Yes, I was wondering the same thing, although under the eye magnifier it has more small scratches than it looks in the picture.I wonder if the toothbrush cleaning did that,

Yea Ill bet the T Brush placed many micro scratches on it , I been there done that , my 1'st Barber Dime 1999 1903 'O' , I scrubbed the heck out of that thing & with my OCD it still worries me . I hope some of the lines have tarnished over in the last 20 years .

Glad your happy with your first. + Way better than a Shovel strike.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back