What's new

My first Barber quarter, yeah baby

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
12,256
Reaction score
4,968
Golden Thread
0
Location
Great Lakes State
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow popped this baby outa the front yard of a 1880's brick home. Dug what seemed like hundreds of wheats, in one hour, I finally quit them and started to cherry pick. Got a quarter signal and lazily dug this one. Spent an hour here till I got a little uncomfortable about digging in someone's front yard.
Quarter was I'd say, about 2 or 3 inches deep.
Might be worth a trip back.

AMC
 

Attachments

  • 102908.webp
    102908.webp
    9.6 KB · Views: 633
  • 102908.webp
    102908.webp
    9.6 KB · Views: 618
Upvote 0
Barberiffic, I can't wait till I find my first Barberiffic coin.

Ahh crap now I'm talking like him....

Keep @ it and HH!!
 
My first barber quarter was sifted out of a dump. It was a key date 1920-D, and it was purty too. Sold it to my coin collecting friend for 100 bucks, but that was way back in '83. Welcome to the Barber club. You gotta purrrty one there...NGE (T)
 
notgittinenny ( treasures ) said:
My first barber quarter was sifted out of a dump. It was a key date 1920-D, and it was purty too. Sold it to my coin collecting friend for 100 bucks, but that was way back in '83. Welcome to the Barber club. You gotta purrrty one there...NGE (T)

There were no Barber quarters minted in 1920...maybe you had a Standing Liberty??
 
OOPS, BEEEG BOO-BOO it was a SL quarter. Memory does strange things when ya get to be an anteek.......NGE (T)
 
Congrats, that Barber's a beauty ! :thumbsup:
Might go back?????
Mike
 
pretty quarter :icon_king:
 
Hey AMC,
Nice Barber! It also appears to be an off center strike. :)

Slabman
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom