What's new

My first celt

jmaschal

Sr. Member
Joined
May 29, 2015
Messages
491
Reaction score
690
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was walking along the shoreline of a tributary of the Chesapeake Bay and found my first celt... a little one but still excited to find it. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1487528395.362463.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1487528412.211242.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1487528426.477842.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1487528436.739796.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1487528452.347428.webp
 
Upvote 0
Awesome and a killer first celt, GREAT find!....what's the material...black hematite?
 
@The Grim Reaper it's not visible from the shoreline picture just wanted to show the shoreline I was looking through. @Buckleberry it's not hematite I believe it's greenstone.
 
It looks shiny because I just cleaned it up.
 
Thats a good looking Celt they really worked on it to get the bit just rite.
 
The bit is perfect on it. It definitely was a day saver. I walked about 2 miles of shoreline and didn't find anything. On the way back I hugged the waterline and found it as I was taking a break.
 
Congrats man that's an awesome find .,.....I know how hard it is to find stuff along the shore around us. New hunting spot or somewhere you usually hunt? Looks like your starting the year off rite
 
@arrow86 I usually hunt the fields by this spot. I have a buddy who has found some points on the shoreline but I never have. I found a spokeshave on a ridge before but nothing on the shore. On Sunday I just wanted to enjoy the warmth and give the shoreline another try and I am glad I did.
 
Good for you and good eye seeing that amongst all that.
 
Probably Chert. Hardness of like 7 vs. greenstone i think is like a 5? Is it greenish in color? Sweet find, and "Good Eye" as we used to say!
 
@oldsilver I am not 100% sure of the material. It has some greenish hues and looked up examples of greenstone but honestly not sure. I am getting it in the hands of a more experienced fellow member soon to get his opinion. I know it's not hematite.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom