What's new

My first Clovis!

badandy

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2005
Messages
802
Reaction score
27
Golden Thread
0
Location
Collinsville, IL.
My first Clovis!

I bought this little clovis the other day and thought you all might like to see it. You can see small flutes on the base and a spokeshave in the blade.
badandy
 

Attachments

  • My first Clovis.webp
    My first Clovis.webp
    27.3 KB · Views: 668
Upvote 0
Re: My first Clovis!

Great ponit, very rare to find one in my state. If you want one here you have to open your wallet or be very lucky.
 
Re: My first Clovis!

Nice!

I think I have only found 2 or 3 clovis in all my hunting. Nice find!

Steven
 
Re: My first Clovis!

My dad found an obsidian Clovis that is about 3 1/2 inches long and about as perfectly flawless as they come. I hear it's worth a pretty penny. It now resides with the rest of my collection in Georgia. Two weeks until I get to go there and bring my collection out here to Arizona!!!!
 
Re: My first Clovis!

badandy said:
Post some pics. when you get them. PLEASE!
   badandy

Will do! 

I need to reframe a lot of the stuff, and some resides in a twelve foot showcase with my civil war stuff.

I don't know if you remember me asking a while back about the display cases that you use.  That is what it was for.  (Although a bit pricy for the amount of those I will need for my collection)

As long as we are on the subject, what's the best way to remove Elmer's white glue?

Also, don't think I forgot about you... I am going to be on vacaton for a month, and will not get back until near the end of July.
 
Re: My first Clovis!

Have a good vacation digem! The best way to remove elmers is warm water. Just let them soak in it and the glue will rince right off, or you can use a toothbrush. Good luck and HH.
badandy
 
Re: My first Clovis!

Andy,

Very nice...love it.

HH ;)

RR
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom