What's new

My First Confederate Button. Virginia State Seal!

Thunderchild

Full Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2011
Messages
163
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Location
N. Carolina
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75LTD/ AT Pro / Whites TDI SL / Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunted the much pounded Yankee camp near my home yesterday with Modern Miner. While Doug was playing Marlin Perkins and pestering Snakes ( Doug 1 Copperhead 0). I was hitting the center of the camp where numerous detectors, including mine, have swung since last December. I picked up a fairly solid signal with the AT PRO with the VDI jumping between 53-75. I cleared away the leaves, dug, cut roots and dug more, Finally about 9" down on the bottom I pulled a sweet Virginia State Seal button. The back mark reads " G. Floyd & Co." and " Super fine". I'm guessing that his button was a battlefield prize that some Union soldier had pocketed for the trip home before losing it at this site. I say this because to my knowledge there have been no other Confederate artifacts found on this camp site.

I am also posting pics from some recent short hunts at this same site. Last Sunday I hunted the same site with Mike of Woodland Detectors ( just as nice in person as he is on the phone), Tony ( gtoast99) and Modern Miner. All great guys. Also got to see Mike's GPX in action.

Everytime I hit this spot I think to myself " Okay, NOW its hunted out" but then I'll find a thing or two. Note, the large grouping of relics are from January 2012,
 

Attachments

  • IMAG0900.webp
    IMAG0900.webp
    12.4 KB · Views: 786
  • IMAG0906.webp
    IMAG0906.webp
    9.1 KB · Views: 1,361
  • IMAG0871.webp
    IMAG0871.webp
    5 KB · Views: 1,209
  • IMAG0883.webp
    IMAG0883.webp
    21.4 KB · Views: 1,187
  • IMAG0865.webp
    IMAG0865.webp
    10.5 KB · Views: 1,173
  • IMAG0878.webp
    IMAG0878.webp
    24.6 KB · Views: 742
  • IMAG0887.webp
    IMAG0887.webp
    6.5 KB · Views: 753
  • IMAG0858.webp
    IMAG0858.webp
    8.3 KB · Views: 761
  • IMAG0891.webp
    IMAG0891.webp
    11.3 KB · Views: 745
  • IMAG0902.webp
    IMAG0902.webp
    7.5 KB · Views: 754
  • IMAG0901.webp
    IMAG0901.webp
    6.1 KB · Views: 759
  • IMAG0863.webp
    IMAG0863.webp
    6.7 KB · Views: 499
Upvote 0
That's a beautiful VA. :thumbsup:
 
NIce scare VA wtg
 
Congratulations on that great find! That certainly is a neat piece. :icon_thumright:

Nice to have met you yesterday. Appreciate you and Doug letting me tag along.

Andre
 
e30rapidic said:
Congratulations on that great find! That certainly is a neat piece. :icon_thumright:

Nice to have met you yesterday. Appreciate you and Doug letting me tag along.

Andre
Andre, Likewise. You are always welcome to hunt with me.
 
VOL1266-X said:
Congrats on a great button Glenn and glad you and "Snake Doctor" Snyder got out. Let me preface this by saying that I do not profess to be an authority on CW relics but the only VA button in Albert's button book with your back mark is a VA 6 a. The new N S Trader price guide values it as $275-500 in excavated condition. Not as rare as DUG's Navy button but a really nice one.
Continue to go back to the camp you located until you come back empty handed and I hope the low life poachers who intruded on your site see what they missed. HH, Quindy.
Quindy, Thanks for the info!
 
Sweet button TC.

And to think you are doing it all with a Garrett.

Just think what you would be finding if you had a Xlt.

Just kidding, congrats on the button and the site.
 
Thunderchild said:
kuger said:
Stellar button!!Could we get a better look at that Pocket knife?
Picture of pocket knife added.

Thanks,I was hoping I could tell ya more about it,but can not.Great digs man!!!
 
Dugalishious is my hero! Go get 'em MM. :whip2:

PhotoFunia-1b0e0a.webp


LOVE love love that button Glenn! What's the thing in your last pic?
Awesome finds!
I hate snakes!

Nana
 
72 inches :o Warning : :whip2: Graphic Snake Encounter { not suitable for Nana } heres a video take of what may happen when Doug PERKINS attempts to wrestle the Giant WETLAND Serpent .. http://youtu.be/VG36zyP-gvQ
 
Nana40 said:
Dugalishious is my hero! Go get 'em MM. :whip2:


LOVE love love that button Glenn! What's the thing in your last pic?
Awesome finds!
I hate snakes!

Nana

CMDiamonddawg said:
72 inches :o Warning : :whip2: Graphic Snake Encounter { not suitable for Nana } heres a video take of what may happen when Doug PERKINS attempts to wrestle the Giant WETLAND Serpent .. http://youtu.be/VG36zyP-gvQ

LMAO!!! You two just made my night. ;D Now that is funny. :love1: :occasion14:
-Dug-
 
Nana40 said:
Dugalishious is my hero! Go get 'em MM. :whip2:





LOVE love love that button Glenn! What's the thing in your last pic?
Awesome finds!
I hate snakes!

Nana
Thanks Nana. The last pic would be the remains of a pocket knife.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom