FloridaMike

Apr 8, 2014
North Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster 6000/D, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
First find 4-16-14 smaller.jpg
My first find is .62 in various new coins, 21 bottle caps, 26 pull-tabs, 16 pieces of assorted junk.

The green piece of wire was on the top of the soil and I got nothing from the detector. It's fine copper wire, I'm saving it for future testing.

It was a wonderful couple of hours out in the fresh air and totally distracting from other things in my life.
What a wonderful hobby, I'm going to try it again as soon as my legs, knees and other pains allow. I cannot believe how outta shape I am - Driving a keyboard and office chair turns a person into mush.

The park that I found the stuff is only 8 or 10 years old, so I know there is no age on most of the objects I'm going to find.
But it's less than 2 miles away and people go there. So I have a place to start swinging the detector. And I figured if I pick up the piece of junk today, then I know most junk is gone now... maybe... I am using a White Coinmaster 6000/D 2 ( and I have no idea if I am getting any depth) I know, I know, it's time to make a garden and read more about this hobby.

Good luck and happy hunting.

Mike W

Help - how do I get rid of the attached thumbnail? http://tnet.forumfoundry.com/forums/images/smilies/huh.gif

Attachments

• First find 4-16-14.jpg
    First find 4-16-14.jpg
    767.4 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Upvote 4

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a good hunt, A lot better then my first day detecting..think I got like 8 cents!! And a bunch of trash...

Trent67

Mar 21, 2014
Davie, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great first day Mike. It is nice to get outside and go hunting. Wait until you find your first gold ring, it is an intoxicating feeling. Thanks for sharing. I love this stuff.

mighty_mace

Jun 29, 2007
Schuylkill County, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good stuff, my first day I found a clad quarter....on the surface....and saw it before swinging my detector over it. :) Congrats, your now hooked.

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the old Whites is still working pretty good to me! My first real machine was a 5000 D, which I still have. It hasn't worked in a VERY long time, but I refuse to get rid of it! 084.JPG 085.JPG 086.JPG Congrats :icon_thumright:

oooldman

Feb 12, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, Whites coinmaster, Fisher F4
Primary Interest:
Other
Mike... Get one of the short shovels like used for flowerbeds to help you get up and down. Get a gardeners knee pad to kneel on. Take 2 Aleve before you go and 2 Aleve when you get home, and you will be ready and not so beat up. knee pad.jpg shovel.jpg

OP
OP
F

FloridaMike

Apr 8, 2014
North Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster 6000/D, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread