What's new

My first day

Rob-n-Texas

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2009
Messages
32
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Round Rock TX
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Well let me start off by saying I'm a newbie, I'm in the central texas area and only been to the local park area. I was lucky enought ot find 2 pennies, 2 dimes and a nickle all newr than 1977. I did find a shotgun casings and also a bullet...could anyone tell me what this is? It was found about 4 inches deep...Oh and also glad i found this site very cool place!!
 

Attachments

  • 008.webp
    008.webp
    27.2 KB · Views: 212
  • 007.webp
    007.webp
    69 KB · Views: 198
Looks like a conical or maxi-ball type round for a muzzle loader type rifle. It appears to be unfired, as the nose
is not flattened out. Perhaps a 45 caliber or so. Are those teeth marks on it, as in 'bite the bullet' ?
 
Those bite marks are where that bullet bit bone or stone when it hit something. They don't all flatten out, found many a bullet with just nicks in the nose.

Looks like a good time, congrats and welcome!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom