What's new

My first dime box

Whyme

Silver Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2007
Messages
3,731
Reaction score
5,452
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All were hand rolled or teller rolled. The very last 2 rolls gave me a 62D and a 54. Geez what a pain in the butt searching dimes :P Then rolling them back up! But it was worth it to me :D
 
Upvote 0
I just edge search the dimes real quick then through them in the reject box and run them to the banks coin machine. can go through a box pretty fast that way. I'm not looking for errors or anything on my dimes. Just silver.

Good finds.
To me that is a average box. The most I found in a box was 5 silver dimes.
Good Hunting!!!
 
Yep I edge search too. I like to count the coins myself just in case the rolls are off..... there were 3 extra dimes in the box today :) But it's the rerolling that's a pain in the butt :P
 
I started off recounting the dime rolls too but it became such a hassle. You should look for a dump bank with a coin machine. Makes CRHing sooooo much easier!
 
I never re-roll, most banks want em loose anyhow
 
My 3 dump banks have no coin counting machines. I asked how they would like the coins I deposit into my account and all 3 told me I have to roll them if I want the money right away. If I bag them they have to send them out to be counted and it would maybe be a week until the money appeared in my account. I've only seen one coin machine in a bank.... it's about an hour away :(
 
I never have any luck with the dime boxes. I just went through 2 boxes last week and nothing, nada, zilch... not even a foreign. I do like the other guy does. I side check for the silver and then do a quick shuffle to see if any foreign ones show up. Then I just add them to the bags. My bank only takes the loose change. I cashed in about $500 worth of pocket/poker change a couple of years ago and had them all rolled up nicely and they made me break em open and poor em out so now i just bag em all up and take em in. I dont even seperate them, they all just go in one big bag.
 
Hydrantman said:
I never have any luck with the dime boxes. I just went through 2 boxes last week and nothing, nada, zilch... not even a foreign. I do like the other guy does. I side check for the silver and then do a quick shuffle to see if any foreign ones show up. Then I just add them to the bags. My bank only takes the loose change. I cashed in about $500 worth of pocket/poker change a couple of years ago and had them all rolled up nicely and they made me break em open and poor em out so now i just bag em all up and take em in. I dont even seperate them, they all just go in one big bag.

Man that must be nice! Wish I had that kind of bank out here in the boonies.
 
I usualy have pretty good luck with dime boxes. I tend to get about an average of 2 Rosies per box.
 
I did about 5 boxes last year and found 3 silvers, all rosies so I gav up. The good thing was they were in clear plastic rolls so I would just end check with a loupe and not have to open the rolls.
 
Hi all!
I tried my first box on friday also (halves were late so I needed a fix).
I found:
1) 45 Mercury.
2) Roosies. (1962 and 1964d). I was suprised since I opened the box and they were handrolled.

Happy Hunting!
 
I would say that is about the average (2) where I am W. If I had to roll them back up to cash in.....forget it.....ha!

Good luck on the next search.....
 
I bought some dimes and found I think two in the whole lot. I took $300 to my bank to run thru the machine and when it was all said and done, I was shorted about $2 by the machine.

That said Im going to roll the remainder and not mess with the dimes again.

Hey more for you, TxTim!

CLZinTX
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom