MY FIRST EVER POST OF A FIND WORTH THOUSANDS AND I HAVE TO GIVE IT BACK

mickk

Jul 23, 2006
Well today was a bit unusual. Was running 5 min ahead of schedule on the bike.

I found, by the bike path a nice bike bag. Hmm my powers of deduction say this has been left behind by someone having smoko at the half way mark to Dandenong. Hmmm its a nice bag be at least a hundred bucks worth, I better take it home and see if theres an address.

Well I hit the jackpot! Wallet, CASH, license, credit cards, clothes but no phone number!

So its off to the cop shop tomorrow morning..

Theres one lucky boy out there, we are a nation of thieves descended from convicts, anyone else would have swiped the cash and chucked the bag. Its a kids school route, so Im thinking it musnt have been there long, but I couldnt hang around.

Ive done the same thing myself, and got a bike bag, with bike attached returned to me within 24 hours when I was in Tassie once (long story#14), so I know the feeling. Its just a pity the poor sod has to suffer tonight.

I lost a bike bag another time, fell off. It had my wallet in it, and I was broke at the time. I knew where it fell off, raced back to the laneway and it was gone. The same blokes working on a car were still there, they had it for sure, but there was nothing I could do.

OP
OP
mickk

mickk

Jul 23, 2006
DA DAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Its being collected tonight. I rang a bloke on one of the cards who rang a bloke who rang another bloke who rang............. and tracked him down. I just spoke to him, hes happy and hes a pommy tourist, so he goes home with a good memory of Aussie!

Im pretty happy too! that was easy.

Finding the next lot of cash might be harder!

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Hello, Mickk,

That is a pretty remarkable find. Hats off to you for the trouble you went through to return it.

Ray karenray08

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland
Way to go!!!
I returned a wallet and other items to a guy
this summer, and it felt good to make someones'
day!!!
Welcome to Tnet!!!
You are going to fit in great here!

fortbball9

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTAx 550
If there was more people like you we wouldn't have nothing to worry about.
My hat is off to you.YOU ARE A SPECIAL BREED
Congrats on your find and a very good heart.

fortbball9

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Your a good person. I'm glad you did the right thing. There aren't many left in our world who would have.
May God double bless you for your honesty. :thumbsup:

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Great story and better ending!! I'm sure your not the only one sleeping easy tonight!!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very Cool...... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Keep us posted on the outcome.Almost 40 yr.'s ago I remember someone returning my Dad's wallet intact.Nice Job!!!!

allmtl2008

Sep 17, 2008
Leominster
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver
I concure with the rest of the posters, If there were more honest people out there the world would be a much nicer place. Thanks for being one of the good guys.

Allmtl

Born Free

Oct 27, 2007
Davenport, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We all know that sinking feeling when you realize you don't know where your wallet is, so you did a good thing and you will be rewarded somehow. I'll send you some good juju!
Okay, now go out and find some hidden pirate treasure! :icon_pirat:

Born Free
Arizona

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for you!!

In case there is anyone in Missouri that has found a black camera case with a red digital camera in it while riding a bike - I lost mine.

B

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
Good day and farendingem mate, or something like that, that's all the Australian I know but just wanted to say thanks for making us all look good. :thumbsup:

roceda

Nov 12, 2007
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gaday mickk. You did the right thing. The world would be a lot better place if we had more folks like you. Ron.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread