What's new

My First Find

Eddie08

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2008
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I've been a lurker for a few months here and really enjoy the site. Needless to say I've been thinking about getting a detector and finally found one in my price range. I was over at the local thrift shop this weekend and picked up a Radio Shack 63-3006 MD for eight dollars. It's got a water proof coil and a discriminator setting which is all I was hoping for with a entry level unit. I'm planning to use it on the local beaches around Daytona Beach Fl. Already found a silver charm today sitting next to a curb in a parking lot while getting batteries for the detector, can't say the detector found the charm but it is a beginning. Wish me luck on my first hunt.
 
That's it, you are doomed :wink: This disease has no cure. Some relief is possible by long, endless, random walking. Good Luck.
 
Doomed for sure, what a way to go. Just get out every chance you get and read all you can about the hobby and the detectors. It is all fun even just thinkin' about it. :headbang:
 
Hook, line,and sinker
 
Yeah, there's really no cure once you get bitten by the metal detectin' bug - but I fail to see why anyone would even want there to be a cure.

:D

Good luck on the hunt.
 
Well just got back from my first search and the detector works better than I expected. Tried the beach which only netted a few flip tops and a some deep iron then had a brain storm and headed over to the local weekend flea market lot. I worked the tables and within half an hour found a silver plated ornamental hair comb about one inch down in wet sand. Also found a couple pennies and a lot of can flip tabs. Not bad for my first hunt with an eight dollar detector.
 
Eddie08,

hope you find a bunch.

Just remember its all about having a good time.

have a good un.......
SHERMANVILLE
 
Let me be the first to say to you; Nice finds! :thumbsup: now, whenever your not out detecting, you'll be thinking about being out detecting! ;D
 
Kiss your family and loved ones goodbye and say hello to Mama Dirt! ;D

Congrats on picking up the hobby. You will be amazed at the things you find. :thumbsup:

Pcola
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom