789.5 KB · Views: 173
  • 20180714_152058.jpg
    20180714_152058.jpg
    794.4 KB · Views: 141
  • 20180714_152046.jpg
    20180714_152046.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 128
Upvote 48
I think you got yourself a multi-thosand dollar stone in that ring!!

I still think i like relic hunting better but the beach hunting was fun and a lot less work. lol The funny thing is when i first found it because it wasn't marked and because of the size of the stone i just threw it in the bag with the rest of my finds and thought it was a fake. I'm glad i tested it. lol I was out on the beach really early the morning i found it and it was at the very end of my swing so i almost missed it. The coil hit a pile of sand and it popped out. I didn't even look at it at the time. I just stuck it in my pocket and kept on hunting. I didn't want to attract too much attention from other people on the beach. But i usually wait until i get home to inspect anything i find, even when i'm way out in the woods. Most times i don't even realize i've got something good until much later.

Same here and I like it that way. It’s great when you realize it’s something great especially when you think you’ve had a bad beat on the hunt.

Get an appraisal on that puppy and fill us in. Anything made with high karat gold like that would not have a fake stone. I'm betting it's worth thousands myself.

Wow ...that's a big honk'n ring. Whether the stone is real, or not, you got a lot of gold there! Congrats!

Well I took it to a jeweler today. It is gold. 24k . But he said the diamond isn't real. He looked at it for about 30 seconds thru something that resembled a microscope and said, not a diamond. I was disappointed and really surprised. It sure looks real. I am still happy to have finally found gold though. I have come to appreciate how hard and how much pull tab and foil digging it takes to find it. Thanks everyone for looking and commenting. It won't be my last.

I'm still going to chime in with an "atta boy". Even if the rock is paste, it don't change that 24K. Sweet find. Good luck.

Wow! I bet you like beach hunting better then relic hunting now![/QUOTE I still prefer relic hunting. lol But the beach hunting was fun. A lot less work too. And i could get use to finding gold but there's just something exciting to me about digging up a relic that i am the first one to touch since it was lost over a century ago. I was just as excited to find the old tarnished brass wedding ring from a Civil War soldier as i was when i found this gold ring.

From one Virginian to another, AMEN brother!

Super cool find! Wish I can get these types of finds... so far I've just been getting random worthless coins besides their face value lol

Super cool find! Wish I can get these types of finds... so far I've just been getting random worthless coins besides their face value lol

Oh trust me I find plenty of that too. Just keep digging everything. I probably dug 100 bottlecaps the day I found this ring.

The gaudy pure gold ring with a huge stone is the hardest part of putting together your new look. You are definitely going to make a striking figure sitting in the back row at the metal detecting club meeting whispering with all of the other wise and accomplished old timers. arab-costume.jpg

Get a second opinion, nothing to lose.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back