MY FIRST HALF DIME!!! YEAH BABY!!!

jmastny78

Jun 13, 2014
Three Rivers, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000
Went down to a year out that's been hunted "thoroughly!" For the last couple months. Decided to try my luck hunting the tailings in the most recently dug areas and managed to pick out a 1837 half dime! It's is extremely worn and the reverse has zero detail, but the obverse has all the detail I needed to see the seated lady and the date! I'm beside myself right now! [emoji38] this is also my oldest coin to date, beating my previous oldest by 20+\-yrs. Also found a neat little gold looking butterfly pin/decor with a couple of small green gems in it. It's very thin and wants to break if touched! Pulled out the other usual things: some clad, a chunk of lead, a fuse, bullet casing, shot gun shell, old door lock latch, gas cap mount/ring, and a silver plated snake pin (found a couple of days ago at a different location). Any which way it was a great day and thanks for looking always love the comments! HH ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436111859.144571.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436111870.508504.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436111879.809286.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436111890.896019.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436111900.078742.jpg

Upvote 16
Congrats. Doesn't matter what a half dime looks like, they are such a hard find that any of them are great finds. That coin makes the hunt by itself.

Congratulations on the Half Dime recovery!

Great find

Killer bro! I love love love seeing my TNET buddies hit a first or a new oldest. I found my first half dime this season as well and it's amazing how small those suckers are. Great job man and I hope your next has a cspped or draped bust on it

Great find in any condition and oldest coin for you is just double find

Wow beat up or not, that coin is awesome, tough one to find for sure, congrats!!

Ahab8 you aren't kidding with regards to their size! I found a trime last year and they are really close! I thought I had the inside of a toothpaste tube cap, that silvery little disc! Almost tossed it if I hadn't seen a little detail on the one side! Ahhhhhhh

Good hearing. Great snag. Them lil guys will get by most people. Congrats on a super find !

Steve

You've got me beat by two years. Ive dug five 1/2 dimes since 1977 but, zero on the trimes. They can be some hard boogers to find. My oldest half dime has a hole punched through the head but still displays well. Nice find!!!!!

JMAST NICE FIND ON YOUR HALF DIME .

Thanks everyone! This is one of those that I have really wanted to find! Awesome feeling to complete that bucket lister. Sutphin, good to see you posting buddy!!! Always look forward to seeing what you've got to say!

:occasion14: Sweet hunt mister, and nice old coin! Still looking for one those myself, as well as many other coins lol! Congratulations!

Wow, that's awesome. Still looking for any seated, let alone those super elusive half dimes! Congrats!

I originally thought it was a seated dime until Mike From MI clued me in to what it was. Kudos to Mike for the info!

Well done!
Few years back, I found my only half dime. Was bout 9" deep and found w ATP. 1835 is the date.
They're so small, surely many were lost. They're so small, not many are found. ;)
Congrats
Peace ✌

Sweet coin. Congrats on the nice hunt. :thumbsup: She is still on my bucket list.

I can only dream of finds like that :notworthy: excellent finds and congrats !

Congrats! Do you realize you almost had a capped bust half dime? Quit making them in '37 and started making the seateds. You've got my oldest silver beat by two years.

PBS

Awesome mam! I'd be happy with it! Congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back