What's new

My first Hunt!

MePlusThreee

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2016
Messages
36
Reaction score
83
Golden Thread
0
Location
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My husband took me out for my first hunt. We only had about an hour. These are my finds :)

1986 US dime
Mini buckle
Bullet shell
Old trigger guard

Not amazing but I'm happy to have found something!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460160937.738951.webp
 
Upvote 68
Welcome to Tnet MPT! There's a lot of history in Nova Scotia and you're off to a great start with that trigger guard.

Steve
 
Congrats on your finds for your first hunt. I have been doing this for about 28 yrs. & have never found a trigger guard. The more you get out, the more you will find.
 
Super cool you found a trigger guard your first day out! It sounds like you're hooked already and welcome to the club.
 
Not bad at all for your first hunt. The trigger guard is awesome.
So are you hooked yet?? If not, the moment you pull your 1st silver or gold I'm guessing you will be.
 
Not bad at all for your first hunt. The trigger guard is awesome.
So are you hooked yet?? If not, the moment you pull your 1st silver or gold I'm guessing you will be.

Haha thank you! I am happy with what I have so I'm guessing if I got a silver or gold I would be super excited! I am already looking forward to our next trip.
 
Haha thank you! I am happy with what I have so I'm guessing if I got a silver or gold I would be super excited! I am already looking forward to our next trip.

I found a small 10K band on my very first hunt in 2014 and I've been hooked ever since.
I mean, what's not to like about picking up free gold and silver from the dirt??

Good luck on your next hunt....
 
Here are a few more pictures of the trigger guard. Does anyone know how old it is or what kind of gun it came off of? Thanks :)


ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460229376.294070.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460229406.757646.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460229421.342748.webp
 
Welcome to Tnet and the trigger guard is a cool and unusual find . Congrats
 
Here are a few more pictures of the trigger guard. Does anyone know how old it is or what kind of gun it came off of? Thanks :)


View attachment 1297322View attachment 1297323View attachment 1297324

Dunno' about the ID but someone here should at least have a general idea about it sooner or later. There are many very knowledgeable people on this site about almost anything.
It looks pretty old to me and it also cleaned up nice. Definitely a nice old relic find.
 
Haha thank you! I am happy with what I have so I'm guessing if I got a silver or gold I would be super excited! I am already looking forward to our next trip.

Yep........you're hooked. :laughing7:
Congrats and welcome to the asylum..........er, club. We all do this for stress management!!
 
Neat old trigger guard....not an expert but could be from a musket rifle.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
I am no expert either, maybe a rail gun?
 
Very nice relic hunt, cool trigger guard! Congratualtions. :occasion14:
 
Dunno' about the ID but someone here should at least have a general idea about it sooner or later. There are many very knowledgeable people on this site about almost anything.
It looks pretty old to me and it also cleaned up nice. Definitely a nice old relic find.

I would put it in the 'What Is It' Forum with size etc...

It looks at least 150 years old, but I'm no good with gun parts, not something I research.
 
I would put it in the 'What Is It' Forum with size etc...

It looks at least 150 years old, but I'm no good with gun parts, not something I research.

I will do that, thanks!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom