What's new

My First Liberty Cap LC 1796.....Sheldon-83

hogge

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
3,825
Reaction score
1,528
Golden Thread
5
Location
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My last 3 hunts of the year, (and last), have yielded my first Liberty Cap, a crusty CFT. George II, 4 LC's, and 2 crusty IH's,(1 fatty). My Friend Santo also found his VERY FIRST COIN! Definitely Colonial, but as we know it to be, a colonial slug! Only tiny bits of detail on it. Still trying to figure this one out. The Liberty Cap was found at the same place. When I pulled the Liberty Cap out, the detail was awesome. Must have been pitted because I lost some after the peroxide. Was still easy to ID the variety. A nice key date for this series with only 109,000 minted. HH Hogge
 

Attachments

  • 11-30-2010 5;27;54 PM.webp
    11-30-2010 5;27;54 PM.webp
    14 KB · Views: 628
  • 11-30-2010 5;27;49 PM.webp
    11-30-2010 5;27;49 PM.webp
    13.1 KB · Views: 626
  • 11-30-2010 5;27;58 PM.webp
    11-30-2010 5;27;58 PM.webp
    12.2 KB · Views: 627
  • 11-30-2010 5;28;02 PM.webp
    11-30-2010 5;28;02 PM.webp
    11.7 KB · Views: 625
Upvote 0
The beautiful Liberty Cap! What an awesome copper!
 
:hello2: :icon_thumright:

Great Finds !!!!!! Love those early coins !!!!!!!!!!!
 
Awesome coin :icon_thumleft: I hope to find one someday.
 
very nice! i gotta find one next year! congrats bud! willy
 
Nice one Hogge. Still waiting to cross that one off my list. :thumbsup:
 
Ok, that's 1-1. Now I just have to catch up on the reverse S category.
 
Boy that prizum 5.... is sure treating you right.Nice coins
 
November was the month of the Liberty Cap! We saw a bunch posted (none from me). Even though yours is not in great shape it is still a great find!

I have yet to find a Liberty Cap or a Braided Hair variety.

Good luck on the ID of the colonial!
 
Iron Patch said:
Ok, that's 1-1. Now I just have to catch up on the reverse S category.
You'll probably end up with somethin' better, like that token you sold for 5G's. Although my fall hunting was very limited due to work, I still managed quite a few LC's and a few colonials. I also have several great leads for the spring. HH Hogge
 
Rico Suave likes it ... ;D

Congratulations Hogge ... :headbang:

~ Al
 
The Liberty Cap Large Cent is one of my favorite coins. I would REALLY like to dig one! All I have been able to find this fall are holed and cut coppers :-\
Killer find for sure !!

VPR
 
Al Czervik said:
Rico Suave likes it ... ;D

Congratulations Hogge ...

~ Al
MY MAN!!!!!!!!! AL............. RRRRRRICO.................SSSSUAVE' Brings back fond memories of the best B@LL Bust in the HISTORY of T-NET!
 
Nice coins ...congrats! :thumbsup:
 
You say crusty, I say Awesome!
Congrats on the great copper :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom