What's new

My first plate! Civil war pocket knife? And nice buttons, in the woods again

crabstang44

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2016
Messages
885
Reaction score
5,002
Golden Thread
2
Location
eastern nc
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Makro racer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Plate is very delicate and falling apart so I coated it with ceramic paint to keep it from crumbling anymore, knife was found near it, and some nice pewter buttons
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    527 KB · Views: 216
Upvote 28
Nice finds. The buttons are late colonial / early 19th century for the most part. The knife is CW period I believe.
 
Congrats! You're def on a roll!
 
I want a plate sooooo bad!!! Congrats on a awesome day!!
 
Excellent hunt and finds,,
That plate is hurting but I still wouldn't mind finding a U S Plate or a C S Plate in any condition.
Congrats
 
Nice going on the plate and the pewter buttons are a great find too.
 
Plate is very delicate and falling apart so I coated it with ceramic paint to keep it from crumbling anymore, knife was found near it, and some nice pewter buttons

Ok now let go find me one of those [emoji106]s plates
 
Very well done again sir! You are all over it, capped coin... check, belt plate...check!
 
Very well done again sir! You are all over it, capped coin... check, belt plate...check!

i think its actually an ammo box plate, it has thick lead on the bacck
 
Nice finds. The buttons are late colonial / early 19th century for the most part. The knife is CW period I believe.

Yes & tombac, not pewter
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom