MY FIRST RING (no laughing permitted) :)

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Mr. Pepper took me to the fairground yesterday to hunt. It wasn't really cold, just windy. We found the usual pennies, nickels, and dimes. (modern nothing to brag about). Then I SAW it! It was laying just a few feet from me. Right on top of the ground. I could tell by it's shape it was a ring. My heart was pounding. Slowly I advanced towards it. I could hardly breath I was so excited!!
I sat down in front of it and gently picked it up. Tears came to my eyes.....then I was laughing so hard Mr. Pepper came over to see if I had lost my mind. ;) Be gentle with me folks. Please don't ask if I did the Happy Dance. :-*
Enjoy ;)

Attachments

• First Ring.JPG
    First Ring.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 1,557
Upvote 0
P

Pentico

Okay it is way to early for me to be posting anything.
Yes the post above is all wrong. lmbo!
Sorry I need cooffee to spell right!
CONGRADS AGAIN!
Chris & LeeAnn

Attachments

• First ring.jpg
    First ring.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 639

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Hey Pepper, nice ring. I found 70 rings last year and only 5 were gold and 1 silver...the rest were costume, kids, or just plain junk. I share your pain!

kdismuke1

Silver Member
Jun 14, 2007
georgia
Detector(s) used
garrett 1500-ace 250-garrett ads groudhog deepseeker
Happy for you pepper. you will get a good one someday. Best luck.

cottonjim

Jan 12, 2007
S.W. MN
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Pepper, I swear, I'm only laughing with you. Are you gonna try to contact the owner? There is probably a very upset 1st grader out ther some where ;) HH
Jim

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice ring. I'll post a good one I found the other day.....

PS...It's the one on the left, lol

DANGLANGLEY

Attachments

• Metal detector finds 2-19-08 017.JPG
    Metal detector finds 2-19-08 017.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 417
  • Metal detector finds 2-19-08 017.JPG
    Metal detector finds 2-19-08 017.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 416

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
O-My Nice ring Pepper!!
I like your happy dance, best.lol
Tenn. Joe

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
remember a diamond is forever --but plastic last a long long time in the outdoors too.

sndman60

Jan 31, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300
I must say I do also enjoy that feeling of finding something so special. I haven't been doing this long, but here is my first (I hope they all feel like the first time). It was found a the local tot lot of all places.

"Yes I am a Pirate, 200 years too late. The cannons don't thunder, there's nothing to plunder. I'm an over 40 victim of fate."

Attachments

• Silver Ring Amethist settings.jpg
    Silver Ring Amethist settings.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 365
  • Silver Ring Amethist settings.jpg
    Silver Ring Amethist settings.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 370
OP
OP
Pepper2004

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Gary, that is pretty. :) Dan, your ring looks very official! You should wear it while hunting. It will probably help keep the bad guys away from you! ;) :D :D :D

We have had rain for two days now. We have some bad weather headed our way shortly. Mr.Pepper, and I, are going nuts being stuck in the house. :'(

Admiral de Salee

Apr 2, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's V3i w. D2 or Super12
White's DFX w. D2 or 5.3
Sunray DX-1, Lesche Digger
I dug up an onion ring once. There wasn't much left of it.

Seriously, I've only ever found 2 rings. The one pictured is 'gold electroplate', with a "stone" that's probably glass. I haven't gotten up the nerve to show it to an actual jeweler.

The good ring I found was Sterling, old and scratched up and 8" deep at an old township hall (2nd pic).
Unfortunately, I let last year's g/f wear it and she lost it in the pet store when Ed the Dog got unruly.

Or else she pawned it and made up a swell story..

Attachments

• YardRing.jpg
    YardRing.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 354
  • RoseTwpHallRing.jpg
    RoseTwpHallRing.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 342

sndman60

Jan 31, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300
Wow, now this is cool. You could almost dedicate an entire forum just to show, identify, and talk about all the rings people have found. Very nice rings everyone. Can't wait till I dig my next one. Pepper, you should put that ring in a very special place due to all the conversation it has generated. Too cool.

Scouts out

OP
OP
Pepper2004

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Gary, my plastico ring is in a safe place. I'm keeping a journal of my hunts so that one day my children and grandchildern can read it and understand my finds.

Extractor, thanks for the encouraging words. Admiral de Salee, stop stalling. Take that ring to a jeweler. It's very pretty.

sndman60

Jan 31, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300
Pepper, I too keep a hunting journal that also includes the Lat Long coordinates and a map that shows the position of the finds. I search for news articles for the particular year of the older coins I find. Right now I am detecting on a farm that McClellan was suppose to have camped. I haven’t found anything specific to McClellan but found lots of other things. I have posted pics of my most significant finds. Still searching for my next ring. Maybe I'll try the fairgrounds.
Good luck and HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread