What's new

My first ring!

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2010
Messages
1,131
Reaction score
74
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found my first ring yesterday and it was actually not crap.

When it was in the sand it looked like the stones were dark and HUGE and got my blood flowing.
First thing I thought was diamonds are rubies.

After a closer look turns out it's only diamond chips and the best I can find resembling the stones is pink sapphires or tourmaline? It's missing a few stones, but for a my first jewelry find I can't complain.

It is 10k so I'm happy and weighs 3.7 grams. That's about $66 worth of gold. I'll take it! :headbang:
The markings inside are VIP 10k and on the other side is a C in a circle like the copywrite sign.
 

Attachments

  • ring1.webp
    ring1.webp
    21.3 KB · Views: 722
Upvote 0
Nice ring! You know when you sell it for gold, they take the stones off and weigh it, then figure how much actual gold there is. If they are diamonds and saphires or tourmaline, they are still nice. They will add up, and maybe a jeweler may buy them from you. Tiny diamonds arent worth much, but they are worth something.
 
Beautiful ring, congrats :hello2:
 
Congrats on your first Gold ring!!! HH Chug Its a great rush that gets your blood pumping for sure!!!
 
OH NO you found your first ring.... now you are hooked! Once that first ring is found..... **sigh** All kidding aside... nice ring for your first ring. WTG Now you will have an unwritten list of ones you want to find in the future. Class ring, spinner, white gold, white gold with diamonds, platinium etc etc. Go for it! :wink:
 
stevemc said:
Nice ring! You know when you sell it for gold, they take the stones off and weigh it, then figure how much actual gold there is. If they are diamonds and saphires or tourmaline, they are still nice. They will add up, and maybe a jeweler may buy them from you. Tiny diamonds arent worth much, but they are worth something.

Yes I'm aware of that. I figure the stones can't weigh more than .7 grams so I figure 3 or so grams of 10k gold.

I'll take it for my first ring find ever lol.
 
mumszie said:
OH NO you found your first ring.... now you are hooked! Once that first ring is found..... **sigh** All kidding aside... nice ring for your first ring. WTG Now you will have an unwritten list of ones you want to find in the future. Class ring, spinner, white gold, white gold with diamonds, platinium etc etc. Go for it! :wink:

Too late.. I already had the list before I even found this lol.

Diamonds... I want diamonds! Big sparkly diamonds :laughing7:
 
:icon_thumright:

congrats on your first ring it a beauty...i'am sure your be out there
tomorrow.

hh herb
 
thats a very nice first!!!!!!!!!! :icon_thumright:
 
Nice first find. Ask if they are allowing you anything for the stones. If not remove them and keep them for future family replacement stones or stones to add to another piece of jewellery. My family always seems to find a use for mine, Congrates again. :coffee2: Rick
 
Congratulations on a beautiful first ring find, Sean! :headbang:
 

Attachments

  • sparkler wow.gif
    sparkler wow.gif
    44.3 KB · Views: 404
  • sparkler wow.gif
    sparkler wow.gif
    44.3 KB · Views: 404
Congrats on that nice ring! The first of many!!
 
Nice find still waiting for my detector to come back from Whites.
 
Great find for the first ring. WTG
 
Thanks for the comments all. I am quite happy. Even more now.. I had a guy offer me $50 for it and he's going to take the stones out for me. :hello2:
 
BIG congrats ! ! ! I wish my first looked like that. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom