My first RR tag

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
As BuckleBoy stated in his post we had a cold hunt yesterday but worth it. We had hunted for a couple of different spots and only located one of them. An old school house that gave up two wheaties for me. They were heavily corroded and can't make out dates on either one. The other site we just couldn't find for some reason. It happens. Well we decided to go hit an old house that's still occupied. We usually don't ever hunt these places but figured it was time to give it a try. I'm glad we did. I dug my first RR tag. The history behind the tag is in a post in the What is it? forum. Here's the link.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,296485.0.html

A special thanks to the gang over there on the research.
Thanks for looking.
HB

Attachments

• RR Tag 001.jpg
    RR Tag 001.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 894
  • RR Tag 003.jpg
    RR Tag 003.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 890
  • RR Tag 001.jpg
    RR Tag 001.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 894
  • RR Tag 003.jpg
    RR Tag 003.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 883
Upvote 0
HB,

That may be the star find of the hunt. Congratulations on your excellent job cleaning the piece (toothpick method, I assume?) :icon_thumleft:

Next time you're at Target or Sears, get a pair of those fleece gloves to wear underneath the other gloves. That way you'll be able to feel your fingers next time we do something crazy like hunt in that weather. :laughing7: Best five bucks I ever spent. ;D

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_...Gloves+&cName=Handbags&sid=IDx20070921x00003d

-Buckles

Way to go on that super RR tag HB. :thumbsup:
That's another item still on my "to find" list.
-MM-

ModernMiner said:
-MM-

I've never found one. Still on my list too.

WTG on the RR tag, they are always a prized collectible! I found my only one back in the late 80s and there were no MD forums than that I remember and it took awhile to get an ID, believe many years later on the Internet. Mine, if I remember correctly is mid 1800s.

Don

Newt said:
Kentucky slave tag?
Newt

I shhould chain it on you boy ;D.
ModernMiner said:
-MM-

Thanks Doug, It was on my to find list as well, now I can check it off.
Don in SJ said:
WTG on the RR tag, they are always a prized collectible! I found my only one back in the late 80s and there were no MD forums than that I remember and it took awhile to get an ID, believe many years later on the Internet. Mine, if I remember correctly is mid 1800s.

Don

Thanks Don, I've thought about finding one before just hadn't happened. I've finally dug something ole BBoy hasn't. Mine is obviously not as old as yours but I'll take it when there hard to come by.

Hill Billy said:
I've finally dug something ole BBoy hasn't.

Well HB, I was looking back through the junk box today... and... :o

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back