What's new

My first silver dollar

Papa Bear

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2011
Messages
1,158
Reaction score
488
Golden Thread
1
Location
Western Territories
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Teknetics G2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found today in a corn field next to an old home site in Box Elder County. 1878-s.
 

Attachments

  • Silver dollar small.webp
    Silver dollar small.webp
    148.7 KB · Views: 322
Upvote 46
Congrats on the silver dollar, still hunting for one myself:icon_thumright:!!!
 
#1 is a great fine. Best of luck to all of you in finding silver and gold coins.
 
Nice find man
 
Congrats on the huge silver! I found my Morgan in 2010, it's something l will never forget...
 
Awesome Find! I bet that put a great big ole smile on your face! Way To Go! :icon_thumright:
 
Congrats on the big silver! :icon_thumright:
 
Awesome score! Love the old SILVER!!!
 
Excellent find, I haven't found one yet but hopefully I will some day.:leprechaun-hat:
 
Congrats!! You must've had a smile from ear to ear when you saw that in the hole!!
 
WOW! Papa Bear you just keep getting them up. I've been told of a house site that there are some silver dollars in the dirt. I'am just looking to get in there and get me some. Very Nice. HH
 
Last edited:
Nice Morgan - first year of that series too!
 
Looks like you beat out a lot of people- Finding something that even these seasoned hunters havent found yet is a very cool thing! You might think it's luck but you picked the machine, learned it and picked a primo spot to apply that knowledge!
 
For such a large coin it seems to elude a lot of us diligent hunters! Congrats on a great find!
 
That's a hunk of decent silver!
Kudos!
Carl
 
Congrats on the Morgan. I joined the Morgan club within the last year with a 1885 prior to that I had found a 1911 Chinese Silver Dollar but no American dollars. It is very exciting to see that large silver disc in the dirt. I hope you find many more...

NJ
 
Hope you were wearing sunglasses when you unearthed that thing. Great find!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom