What's new

My first silver knee buckle? and gold pin ...

bingbingbing

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2019
Messages
83
Reaction score
415
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for looking - these are recent finds (one from Brewster, MA and one from Sherborn, MA) - I'd love to know more about these neat finds!

Thanks in advance!
 

Attachments

  • silver_buckle_1.webp
    silver_buckle_1.webp
    69 KB · Views: 111
  • silver_buckle.webp
    silver_buckle.webp
    55.2 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20200821_170531.webp
    IMG_20200821_170531.webp
    775.3 KB · Views: 122
I agree ffuries employee pin. These are fantastic finds!!
 
Upvote 0
I like the finds! Why would the pin have 72 on it?

aj
 
Upvote 0
Right?! Was wondering the same thing ... here's a pic of the back manufactured in Cincinnati, OH.IMG_20200821_174551.webp
 
Upvote 0
I collect gold pins of all kinds weather fraternal order, academic, salesman awards or what ever and to me they're littleworks of art in precious metals. This is a 10k gold enamel Buick salesman award I have and I date it around 1937, based on the logo design. I think your Chevy pin is most likely a sales achievement award of some kind, but I can't find any info on it. My guess is the 72 could mean a goal was achieved within 72 hours, which is 3 days or it's an error and they transposed the number 27, but I doubt that was the case. In looking for info on your pin I saw some for master mechanics and other sales achievement types, but not the one you have. Yours is a cool find and one I'd like to have in my collection.
 

Attachments

  • 20200901_054301.webp
    20200901_054301.webp
    363.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 20200901_054322.webp
    20200901_054322.webp
    249.6 KB · Views: 73
Upvote 0
Yes an 18th C knee buckle - nice!
 
Upvote 0
I just saw you reply now - I've never sold one of my finds, but I suppose I would consider it since you collect these and they are hard to find/come by ...
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom