artemis moon
Hero Member
- Joined
- Jun 1, 2007
- Messages
- 874
- Reaction score
- 149
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Near Bangor, Maine
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab Safari
ProPointer
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
I have to admit, I was starting to get discouraged with my Safari. but today was too fine of a day not to get out, and so I decided to hit an old Town Hall way out in the country that's abandoned now. I got permission to hunt here months ago, but never seemed to have the motivation. I got a high flutey tone straight off the bat and dug a 1925 SLQ at about 6 inches. It was thrilling to uncover the plug and look down in the hole and see it gleaming up at me. Naturally, after that, I was raring to go, but my pinpointer was having none of it. It started wailing like a police siren, even after I took the battery out and replaced it. The Propointer is less than a year old, and barely used. I was going to call Garrett in the a.m., but when I tried it again after I got home, it seemed to be fine. Go figure. In any event, I'm thrilled with my single find and can't wait to get back there.




Upvote
36
Sweet find, she has eluded my coil.







