What's new

My first walking liberty half dollar

Eastcoasthunter21

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2015
Messages
1,154
Reaction score
2,556
Golden Thread
2
Location
New York/Florida
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
DEUS ALL THE WAY
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello all hope your all out swinging in this great weather
Had an hour before sunset yesterday and I'm hunting somewhere !!
I stopped at a small park with a lake it's been there forever I decided to hunt the woods about 100 feet in from the shoreline Not trashy got a few signals clad dimes then a few wheats
Behind a big ole tree I get a solid 92 on my teknetics gamma 6000 any way I scanned it
I know a quarter is 88-89 all day I figured it as a coin because of the small target and constant tone and numbers I dig it and out pops my first walking liberty half. 1943
I guess there is some stuff left in there ! It's an easy site park the car and your hunting
I will make this my new fast hunt site. Thanks for looking HH gl. Eastcoast image.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webp
 
Upvote 34
Congrats on the first LHD it looks like it's in fine shape. Got to really love a little spot where one can grab a quick hunt and it produces something each time.
 
Awesome find. Congrats on pulling that walker. :occasion14: She still eludes my coil.
 
Good lookin lady ! :icon_thumleft:
 
Something about those silver halves, when you see them in the hole! Congrat's!
 
Nice Score!! :occasion14:
 
Nice walker, have only pulled one myself, a 1936.
 
Big congrats on the big silver. There's nothing like those firsts in any category, but when it comes to firsts on big silver it's a whole new ball game. Found my first seated half dollar and first 2 reales a couple of years ago and I'm still dancing.Way to go!
 
I did not think I would get one then pop there it was keep hunting you find what you swing your coil over !
I was just wondering what is my ratio of clad to keepers lol. HH gl
 
Beautiful coin,, I have been very lucky with half dollars this year. I still get a happy feeling everytime I find one. This year I dug my first Barber Half.
Congrats.
 
welcome to the Walker club.... quite a feeling, wasn't it?!
 
Never thought i would find one myself... And i just came up with my second one for the year! Maybe there's another one there for you!!! :thumbsup:
 
Congratulations on your big walker.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom