My first

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I went hunting by myself this morning not expecting much but you never know. Indeed... you never know what the day will bring. I found a broken cell phone within 10 minutes & 2 quarters. It took a little longer to find the 10k gold ring then it was junk, junk and more junk.

MoneynJunk071809.jpg

You can barely see them but there are several tiny TINY little diamond chips in the design of the ring. In fact I didn't see them until I was looking at it with a loupe.

Ring071809.jpg

I think someone broke the phone and just tossed it overboard and in the water.

Cell071809.jpg

Now for my first................. I decided to call it a day and went to the car and took off my equipment. I was just getting ready to shut down the trunk when a man came running up to me yelling. Please Please STOP! You have a metal detector. Please come find my grandfather's ring. I just lost it. I know where it is but we can't find it. It means so much to me. Please will you help me find it. Well..... I've never done this before. I said well. I can't promise I can find it. The guy said, Please will you just try? OK I put my stuff back on and walked to where a bunch of people were all looking around and a bunch of little kids were running back and forth in the same area. My heart sank. ....... I asked him what did it look like? He said it was a heavy gold ring with a large ruby. It was his grandfather's ring and it wasn't the money it was the sentimental value and he wanted it back real bad. So off I went. On the third sweep I found it. DAM! I didn't have a camera with me! RATS Now I am 5' 8" and this guy only came to my chest in height and he was hugging me and telling me God was going to reward me and hugging me some more. His wife was hugging me and then the guy dropped down to his knees in front of me and started praying. I wasn't sure what to do. His wife said he was thanking God for having me come to his rescue. Well enough of that. He got up and started hugging me again and said he didn't have any money to give me and I told him I wouldn't have taken any anyway so not to worry. This guy had big rings on every finger. He had a real thick silver chain around his neck. A big diamond in his ear. He kind of looked like a short Mr. Clean with a bald head. I said well good luck and don't wear your jewelry to the beach next time. His wife reached up and took off his chain and then took all of his rings and threaded them through the necklace and then he put it back around his neck. I said goodbye and came home. What a day that turned out to be. That was the first piece of jewelry I have ever had the pleasure of returning. I sure wished I had had a camera. Oh well. I got my gold for the day so I'm not complaining. I feel good and I'm happy. :wink:

Upvote 0

miket

Jun 3, 2008
florida west coast
Detector(s) used
whites beach hunter 300
thats great! glad you found it for him..too bad no camera around ; the picture would have also been reward enough. :hello2:
good job on your ring too! :icon_thumright:
miket

Larsmed

Jan 10, 2007
Greencovesprings, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sandshark, bh jr.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
God has blessed you!!
go back to that beach later to clean up on his lost rings!!!! Cash it in baby!

JRich98150

May 29, 2007
Middleburg, Florida 32068
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
It's always nice once someone has asked you to help find their lost ring and you are able to locate it for them. I hope once she put all the rings on his chain that he doesn't lose them all at once. But I guess if he did somehow Juju would eventually find it with the streak he has been on LOL.
I'll take a day on the beach with even a small gold ring over any day without any gold or silver. I'm glad to see your finding some gold and silver rings down that way.

JRich

Indasurf

Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, White's BHID 300, Fisher CZ20, Fisher CZ 6A, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, Tesoro Silver Sabre Plus, White's 5900 DI Pro SL, and others!
FANTASTIC!!! :hello2:

The joy that you gave back to the couple is priceless!!!

I would say the blessing will bring some very good "MOJO" to you too!!!

Thanks for the story! :icon_thumleft:

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: congrats on your finds mums .....good karma is definetly on its way now :thumbsup:

Kiwijohn

Dec 10, 2008
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Excalibur 1000 Garrett Pro Pointer
Job well done mumszie :icon_thumright:
That must have been a bizarre sight with him on his knees and all ;D
Congratulations on the gold keeper too.

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Congrats Mumszie :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

On finding both rings! One a keeper the other a "Soul Lifter" ... feels good (gotta Love this hobby).

My attitude on rewards is: It's too much fun finding the lost item for a reward too ... BUT after 2 refusals I figure it's an insult NOT to accept a reward.

HH Joe

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
You go girl!

Nice finds too.

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Mumszie!!!! Very cool story.

Deepsix

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your finds! Great story, you deserve another hug :laughing7:

:wink: RR

Mat in MA

Feb 8, 2008
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver µMax, DetectorPro Head Hunter Wader, White's MXT, Garrett GTA500, White's Bullseye II pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job Mumszie. You must have felt real good finding it that quick. Contrats!!!

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. Congrats Mumszie.

Mumszie to the rescue! :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread