What's new

My friend, A first timer outs first find.

ROCKateer

Full Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2013
Messages
168
Reaction score
283
Golden Thread
0
Location
Shawnee, KS.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My friend, A first timer out's first find.

Its his first time out in river anywhere and finds this absolute beauty!!!!!! Do you all know this type? KS Rvr.
 

Attachments

  • image-2238987815.webp
    image-2238987815.webp
    30.9 KB · Views: 133
  • image-426624259.webp
    image-426624259.webp
    32 KB · Views: 120
Upvote 0
Not sure of the type but I am sure it's a great find:thumbsup: for the very first one:occasion14:
 
What does the other side look like? Looks like a nice one, congrats
 
That's one heck of a first find. Very nice point. I like how the ears are rounded. I've never personally found a point like that.
Congratulations!!!!!
 
That is a very nice first find. Thanks for sharing.
 
Beginners luck I guess. That will teach you to take somebody with ya :thumbsup:
 
What does the other side look like? Looks like a nice one, congrats

Well it look pretty much exactly the same. I only have one more pic that my friend sent me rt here.
 

Attachments

  • image-2649106031.webp
    image-2649106031.webp
    32.3 KB · Views: 104
Rockateer, I'm pretty sure it's a Table Rock pt. and probably made from Florence chert if it came from the Ks. River.
Real nice find.
 
Nice find for a first or 5th find lol !!
 
Looks like a "Table Rock" Late Archaic, nice example, you`re friend is off to a good start.
 
Very Nice! I bet he's hooked now!
 
Very Nice! I bet he's hooked now!

Thanks all!! and I know (or am pretty dang sure buy the shock he was in when he found out that I actually do find artifacts which some find it hard to believe, he used to but yes he's hooked to say the least!!
*These are the only notable ones I found. A triangle point, and the middle of another worked point of some type.
 

Attachments

  • image-1971084242.webp
    image-1971084242.webp
    101 KB · Views: 100
  • image-198786246.webp
    image-198786246.webp
    85.6 KB · Views: 104
  • image-1779520860.webp
    image-1779520860.webp
    77.9 KB · Views: 105
  • image-2459992060.webp
    image-2459992060.webp
    84.2 KB · Views: 106
  • image-3052954726.webp
    image-3052954726.webp
    144.2 KB · Views: 102
  • image-1643824193.webp
    image-1643824193.webp
    86.6 KB · Views: 103

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom