What's new

My Garrett Pro Pointer disabled my SIM card in my smart phone!?

BrianDickSmith

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2013
Messages
72
Reaction score
32
Golden Thread
0
Location
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry guys I posted this in the "HELP" section but there are litterally 3 people in there and I dont know how to delete the post so im not considderd double posting but any help on the info below is much appreciated!

Hey guys I was out a few days ago hunting and I was digging a hole and turned on my Pro pointer. I have a habit of confirming it works by touching it to anything close to me metal. Usually my ring I wear on my index to extend the range of the PP. Anyway I know for a fact Ive had my PP close enough to my Galaxy s4 until it got a reading and nothing ever happen. This past time I was actually on my phone. (It was an important call or I would have never let it interrupt my hunt) I had my phone pinched in between my shoulder and ear and naturally I reached up with my PP in my hand and actually gripped my phone with the same hand. I immediatly herd the constant tone of the PP gbut it was deff a little longer then any other time past. The I noticed my phone switched to Emergency mode and asked me if I needed 911. I was like "hell no" to myself and powerd off my phone turned it back on and it said sim card not found. It did this 3 times after each time I restarted my phone. Eventually...about 30 35 min later I was able to power it off then It finally registered. Phone works fine now but has anyone ever had this happen? Im sure its not a complicated situation that a PP can ruin a sim card... Thanks in advance guys.
-BDS:headbang::headbang::headbang:
 
How is it that my post thats been up for over 30 min has not even 1 view aside from mine? I the forum delayed today?
 
Wow thats the first situation i heard about like that.Thanks for the info.I hope your sims card is ok.HH
 
A lot of older style computer memory modules back in the day were erased/corrupted when the owner removed them from his commodore vic 20 and laid them on top of the TV set he was using for a monitor.(now I'm really showing my age) Next time he turned on the tv and the degaussing coil popped off a magnet pulse-poof. Same principle. When we were using 3 1/2 floppy disks to archive info at our dispatch center and some one would forget and key up his portable radio at the desk, if a floppy was lying out in close proximity, every once in a while the disk would be corrupted. One of our officers tried to tell me that couldn't possibly happen, so I grabbed a non essential disk, took his portable radio and keyed it up while holding the antenna close to the disk-viola! "disk error-unable to read" Didn't happen every time, but if the stars are lined up just right, it's possible.
 
I have a flip phone and my pro pointer which I fail to turn off sometimes is parked right next to my ph on my tool belt, nothing has happened to either...yet!
 
Knowing what I know about SIMs cards, it was simply a coincidence.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom