What's new

My Greatest Appologies (Please Read)

jdsarasin8194

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2009
Messages
1,160
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
MA
I would like to let everyone know that I was extremely mistaken on the coins that I had. When I first got the folder that contained a slot for the VDB pennies, I had no idea what they were. So, I asked my friend, who also collects coins, what VDB meant. He told me that he thought it was a type of grade for a coin. I have been relying on that statement this whole time. I wasn't until I saw the price guide, that CoinMojo posted, that I look up the coin. The description I got for the coin came with a picture and the description pointed out the letters "VDB" actually on the coin. I checked my 1909-s-'s for that, and none of them have it.
I am sorry for this missunderstanding. I was relent on the knowledge of another person when that knowledge was wrong. This is my fault and I would completely understand if you don't want me on this site anymore. I had fabulous results thus far over the weekend and I would love to post them, but I will not post them without your permission.
I am deeply sorry for this whole thing and I am begging for your forgiveness.

Jdsarasin
 
Upvote 0
No worries. Post away, you don't need the "community's" permission. Quite frankly, I doubted your claims and chalked it up to being naive. Heck, if you scored the S-VDB, then all the more power to you.
 
Diver_Down said:
No worries. Post away, you don't need the "community's" permission. Quite frankly, I doubted your claims and chalked it up to being naive. Heck, if you scored the S-VDB, then all the more power to you.
Thank you. I should have researched it instead of going on my friend's knowlegde.
 
Same here I took it with a grain of salt . I do high numbers of pennies so I knew it wasnt so. :tongue3:
 
No prob. It was based on your friends "lack of knowledge".
HH
Gilbert
 
Did I miss something here?

Why would you have to apologize to anyone here because you were mistaken about a coin you found?

I normally don't read the threads that deal with pennies cause I don't CRH them, so maybe I missed something on all this.

Jim
 
No Worries Mate. Send each one of us $100 and all is forgiven. JP
 
Me 2 can never have to many of those. Hopefully Im gonna start making road trips to the big capital of col ohio starting tues morn . Need road trips to spice it up weekly and get fresh hunting grounds.
 
That is what this thread is best used for. To learn.

Look how much you learned this week.

Mojo
 
LOL,
I am new, so I probably have no business putting in my two cents, but here goes:
Forgoodness sakes, I assumed a V nickel had do to with World War II! But, alas, I was sorely mistaken. I am sure I had a few of the experts chuckle.

I was not chided by the forum--but in fact, given sound advice and support. Seems you are getting that support too!

As I tell my kids (high school) at school, an issue like this is not a problem. War, poverty, illness--now those are problems.

Smile. Life is good. :icon_sunny:
apush
 
"I concur.".

Don't worry about it. YOu thought you had something, and now you don't, so you told us. We're good. :-)

(words from "Catch Me if you can", with Leonardi D. as a con man. A good movie :-) )
 
no problem....we knew it must have been a mistake, thats why so many here questioned you.
Did I miss something here?

Why would you have to apologize to anyone here because you were mistaken about a coin you found?

I normally don't read the threads that deal with pennies cause I don't CRH them, so maybe I missed something on all this.
Jim, he said that he had found 3 1909S VDB's in one month. he misunderstood, he thought VDB was a grade. i think he deleted the post, but almost immediately he was hit with posts asking for pics as people couldn't believe he had done the impossible.
 
mistergee said:
he thought VDB was a grade.
All the 09's I find are VDB and it is a grade.
Very D**n Bad :icon_scratch:

Actually I do have a 1909 S VDB, I was at my local coin store talking to the owner and he pulls out a very good looking cent. I pull out my loup and I see what it is and make anice comment and try to give it back. He says it is mine because he can't sell it to me but he can give it to me, because it is COUNTEREFIT :o (he knows I have a small counterfit coin collection)
 
yep no big deal, keep posting
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom