What's new

My heaviest gold find ever!

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2007
Messages
7,808
Reaction score
779
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bradenton, Fl
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Walked right into the water today and withing a few minutes I had a nice low tone. First scoop had the target! 14K, 25" mens chain with clasp intact!!
 

Attachments

  • junechair4.webp
    junechair4.webp
    172.5 KB · Views: 309
  • junechain2.webp
    junechain2.webp
    585.3 KB · Views: 308
Upvote 0
That just Awesome !!! , hope you find a Heavier one next time !
 
Welll this is my 3rd large chain but this is the biggest...so I guess the excal does alright on BIG chains...as for the bucket list Dewey, I'd like to find a nice wedding set I think! lol

My X-Cal screams on my gold bracelet
 
Very nice chain. I am glad you are finding real ones. Everyone I find is fake.
 
Good one there!
 
Great find. Most detectors don't hit gold chains well in the salt water. Guess you had your Excalibur out. Where you in disc mode or pinpoint when you hit this chain? I been using mainly pinpoint lately and seem to be hitting deeper smaller targets.

I don't use pinpoint mode. can't get used to it...
 
CONGRATS! :hello2: That sure is a nice one!
 
Nice finds looks like mr T is missing some bling. Lol
 
Way to go Deb you folks north of me have been hitting it big lately , I can't wait to get my xcal back ,I'm with you on that pinpoint mode.
 
Great find. Most detectors don't hit gold chains well in the salt water. Guess you had your Excalibur out. Where you in disc mode or pinpoint when you hit this chain? I been using mainly pinpoint lately and seem to be hitting deeper smaller targets.

Big/larger gold chains are a different story, most higher end beach & water machines should hit on them ok if they're within range. Now the thin/small/fine gold chains, that's a whole different issue. How deep was that chain Deb?
 
WTG Debby, looks like a nice chain, may you get many more, HH
 
Great find...a heavy gold chain is on my wish list...congrats.
 
Congratulations Debbie , That is one fantastic find .....WTG
 
Very nice find!
 
Great job Deb!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom