What's new

My Hookamax set-up

Great video as usual and I'm jealous! Ya'll look like ya'll are having a blast!
I thought I heard your dolphin trying to sneak up on you again! LOL!
I ain't never seen that "butterfly" fish either. Maybe you've discovered a new fish! LOL!
I really appreciate your videos, and I won't even sit through a 30 second commercial, for a song! LOL!
 
SS, Real nice setup! That sound of the compressor reminds me of my Auto Body days....Nice Vid, Thanks for sharing....
 
Cool video. What kind of camera do you use? I'm thinking of getting one to record some of my hunts.
 
Holly Cow Chris! I felt like I was there and had my nose in that hole you were fanning. This brings back the good ole day's. That little fish is a immature SeaRobin. There bottom feeders. I use to think they were flying fish, but, that wasn't going to happen. They get pretty big. What! No pictures of all the tourists after to got out? How long are your hose's and how many work at once. I'd think two would be the limit and safer option. Damn! That water look good. You know this is killing me.
 
Holly Cow Chris! I felt like I was there and had my nose in that hole you were fanning. This brings back the good ole day's. That little fish is a immature SeaRobin. There bottom feeders. I use to think they were flying fish, but, that wasn't going to happen. They get pretty big. What! No pictures of all the tourists after to got out? How long are your hose's and how many work at once. I'd think two would be the limit and safer option. Damn! That water look good. You know this is killing me.

The company says 1 diver to 100' or 2 divers at 50'. We don't really ever go deeper than 25' to 30' with this set-up. Never had any issues with it. Pump isn't even hot after running 3 hours. Both the hoses are 100' and no more than 2 divers. I've always wondered if I could connect the 2 hoses as one giving me a 200' run from the pump but if I go out alone I usually just run 25' of hose and pull the boat, I really don't notice it there.

Got my Jamaica trip next week and Pirates week here just kicked off tonight! This place is BOOKED SOLID. Pirates everywhere! EVERYWHERE!

Chris
 
Good video. Wishin I was in the water right now!
 
Safty is #1. The floater is your safty/escape tool. Even 30ft hose with the factor of 15ft of water, lose of a couple of feet in angle drag, you still have enough to work the bottom and be close to exit. Also the air has less travel to feed you. I've done this with Mark in the Keys and longer hoses drag and cause tangles you don't won't. Have a great time in Jamica.
 
Nice rig. After my diving class I may look into one of those for some deep swimming areas. Wish I could rent one first, tho. It's louder than I thought the electric model would be. Can you hook your batteries up in tandem or do you just surface and change them out? Looked like y'all were having a blast underwater.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom