bazinga said:
underarock said:
bazinga said:
woody_g said:
i think its time for you to look into a long handled shovel.they are somewhat expensive 60-70 bucks but will save the knees and the back.definitely worthwhile investment.
Because the hobby needs more people in parks carrying shovels.
I try not to let what people think decide what works best for me. Since I like deep targets i'm using a shovel period. Unless i'm trying to dig in someones yard then you have to play by owners rules. I use the lil eagle from predator tools not a long handled shovel. Not because i don't like the long handles i just don't find them necessary for my needs. If the guy needs a shovel to help his knees then do it.
It's thinking like this that gets detecting banned in entire cities. You only think about yourself and can't see the bigger picture. It's not what people think of you, it's about what will happen from what those people think of you. Get enough people complaining about the weird guy in the park with the shovel digging holes and it puts a black eye on the hobby.
And don't tell me that you are digging deeper than a knife / lesche can dig. I can dig an easy 8" deep hole with a knife in a matter of seconds. And then a few inches deeper in a few more seconds if necessary.
But continue being selfish and have no respect for the hobby. I'm just glad you don't live anywhere near me.
Your way out of line here. You don't know me, where, or how I hunt. So calling me selfish is uncalled for.
I never told the guy to get a giant shovel and run around public parks in broad daylight leaving giant holes everywhere. The man stated a problem I gave him an answer. What do you do besides nay say others?
I understand most people are ignorant to metal detecting and will complain forever about holes in a park that they never use anyway just because they are bitter old farts….
To solve this problem, I went to my local police department to show them how I dig and refill the holes because of people like you that complain about it. They were impressed to say the least and now they wave to me when I see them and even got a couple of the fellas interested in the sport. So as far as not helping the sport out… dead wrong again.
I don't live in a city anymore but when I did the first time out with my giant knife digger the police came and told me to leave because they were getting calls about a guy in a park with a GIANT knife. Again just ignorant old farts i know.
I don't need to resort to name calling to you personally because honestly I feel bad for you. It would be like making fun of the handicapped.
I grew up in Philadelphia and if anyone saw you walking around with a giant knife the police are going to come every time. PERIOD. Less likely to be a problem with a small shovel since people clearly see its a shovel and not a knife. I guess i'm just selfish.
No single handed digger will EVER EVER EVER out dig a shovel. You don't see the military using lesche knives to dig foxholes do you?
Use your head before you speak to me next time. I wish I lived near you so I could teach you some things whether you wanted me to or not. Sounds like you have issues with shovels maybe something happened with one when you were young? Its a tool used for digging just like your lesche. Nothing more. get over it.