What's new

My last find of 2011 **larger pic added 1-18-12**

coteau

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2009
Messages
257
Reaction score
96
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-TERRA 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this at Christmas time.

I think it's neat because the tip is beveled on the right side on both faces which gives the tip a twist. Possibly made into a drill or just resharpened like that.

Length = 1 1/2"

Side notches, err stem is ground.
drill point cr - Copy.webp
 

Attachments

  • drill point cr.webp
    drill point cr.webp
    25.9 KB · Views: 554
Upvote 0
That picture really shows the beveling! And it does narrow done quite drastically, I see what you mean in regard to possible drill form. I have a near identical piece that I found in a rock shelter, same stem, same beveling. I showed it to a local flint knapper and he told me that the beveling of my piece indicated that the original craftsman was right handed!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom