My last trip dredging :)

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So here's what I found in my dredge for my last 3 day trip.

2 nickels

Nice large flake or flattened nugget, again

And almost 6 dwt of gold

Not to bad considering, Idaho, like most places in the western states, is having water shortages.
I built a dam to raise water level to float my dredge, had my hose going over the dam to dredge a deeper hole so I can float my dredge there and wouldn't you know it, I sucked the area dry, there was just a small trickle of water trying to fill it back up. It took over 1 hour for it to fill back up, so I tried moving the dredge on the other side of the dam but after 20-30 minutes of dredging I could no longer see due to the silt floating. I finally figured out that I needed to move the dam back 10 more feet to allow the silt to flow out. I didn't want to move the dredge forward as I was wanting to work this exposed bedrock.
So here it is...

IMG_20130826_195418.jpg
Nickels are 1994 and 2007.
Flake or flattened nugget is .1g and one end is bent back in kind of a "loop"

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there is a ez solution with a tarp across the crik,rocks on the bottom to hold-dredge in much cleaner water on the other side and prosper as pump sucks dirty water. Pic shows 1 1/2 hours before dirty BUT still plenty of water to run. Simply wait 10 minutes,it clears and off ya go man--John

Attachments

• 100_2231.jpg
    100_2231.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 193
OP
OP
O

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks John, I was using a tarp but was using it on the face of the dam to help hold water better. I'll give this a shot. Your the man!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions