What's new

My metal detector just paid for itself...

thebirdflu

Full Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2013
Messages
109
Reaction score
178
Golden Thread
0
Location
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By finding my phone! Long story short - I went to my friends farm yesterday to enjoy a beautiful February day in the country. When it got dark us guys decided to hit a nearby mud hole with the ATVs and UTVs. The one I was riding in got stuck in the mud. After a few minutes we got it out and that's when I noticed my phone was gone. There was no way we were going to find it at night with only the headlights to see. I know it was somewhere in this foot deep slurry of mud that had been run through a bunch of times with the vehicles. So we went back to the house and I picked up my metal detector, you know, because I always have it with me lol. It only took a few minutes to find it wrist deep in the mud. It was a mess but the screen was still lit! After about 30 minutes of cleaning and putting it in a bag of rice overnight everything works great.

Sadly I don't have pictures before cleaning, well because I would have to use the phone to do that. I had faith my metal detector would find it and I might have made a believer out of the other guys there that metal detectors aren't just for finding jewelry and coins. Happy hunting everyone!
 
Last edited:
Upvote 32
All is well that ends well.
 
Glad you found your phone and got your metal detector paid for. :laughing7:
When I find cell phones at the beach (good new ones)....... I wait for them to ring.
I tell the person on the other end (usually a man/guy)...... "I figured you'd be calling". :laughing7:

I tell 'em, "I metal detect and yeah I found your phone. BUT,
I'm holding it for a millio.......no no......... a billion......no, a GAZILLION dollars ranson!
You better set up a meeting location, before the battery dies!" :BangHead: :laughing7:

We laugh, and I do remind them, yeah I would appreciate some lunch and gas money.
I've had to find the Mr's cell phone, from night before, in the neighbors bushes.........
yeah, don't ask...... :BangHead: :laughing7:
 
another glad I metal detect story...
 
I hear Ya on that one, we had to find our truck license plate in a snow bank last year...using my detector! :D

Detectors are just an extension of our arms anyway.
 
These days phones are as much or more than some detetors
 
I remember a time when there was no such thing as a
Cell Phone. When I'm metal detecting on land and the phone rings,
I usually won't answer it. I metal detect in the water at some of the local beaches. I level my phone home when I go to the beach.
Over the past 3 seasons, I have recovered five phones from 3 to 4 feet of water. What is so important that you have to take your phone with you into the water??
I'm glad you found your phone. Mine has a $600. price tag.
 
Last edited:
I have mine on me for safety reasons, it's a cheap phone anyway.
 
My phone was also north of $600 so it's around the same price as the AT Pro that found it. I carry it with me anytime I'm out but I don't take calls. Too busy listening to tones in my headphones [emoji3]. It is nice to have on hand to take pics of finds fresh out of the ground.
 
Glad you found your phone in usable condition!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom