my month...or so

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
The first pic is a bunch of the stuff I have found in the past six weeks. This is the first six weeks I have been detecting. It consists of mostly modern coin stacked in dollar stacks a few junk rings, a tootsie toy jeep, the gold Freemasons ring I posted awhile back and a few baseball tokens and other misc. stuff. I have bought about ten 9 volt batteries and put $25 in gas in my rig with other coins I have found. Cash is cash! Then there is a pic of a tool marked Swiss Tech U.S.A., which is just an older multi-tool, but a pretty cool find. Then my newest find...a sterling eagles head ring marked .925 U.S.A. on the OUTSIDE. Odd but true. I also found a gold heart pendant with a small diamond in it. It is in beautiful shape but is nothing spectacular or extremely valuable...The little lady has laid claim to that one. :P

My last day out, two days ago, I stepped over a log and fell backwards. The end result was four fractured ribs and pulled back muscles...minor but very painful injuries. My detector was also injured but I can fix her up! My guess is I won't be detecting for the next month or so...but rest assured, I WILL be out there ASAP!

I WILL be checking this place everyday though, so post up some goodies for me to see. Good luck to you all!~

~Nashoba~

Attachments

• onemonth.jpg
    onemonth.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 860
  • leathermanprecursor.jpg
    leathermanprecursor.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 858
  • sterlingring.jpg
    sterlingring.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 849
Upvote 0
Sorry to hear about your injuries. Take it easy for a while and let us do all the hard work ;D. The Eagle ring is very cool. I hope I can get out tomorrow and find something worth posting. I've found a lot of quantity this week, but no quality.

Nice finds Nashoba, you are doing well for a newbie, keep it up! I will laugh with you though, your avatar looks like you are a tough muscle head! I have detected some of the roughest terrain possible alone deep in there and I’m extra careful as I know I’m the only person that can get me out. Do be careful or get a detecting buddy, I wish I could find a buddy that could hang with me close by. HH, Mike

Nash,

take care of yourself.

"My last day out, two days ago, I stepped
over a log and fell backwards". My scoutmaster, God
rest his soul, always told me, when I was a kid,
"Step around the log, not over it." ;D :D

Nice bunch of finds. That .925 eagle ring is different. Nice.

You done well for only six weeks of detecting. Took me
over a year to find my first silver ring

Again, take care. You will be out again in no time.

have a good un.........

Get well soon and don't wary.Every thing will be OK.
computer2.gif
crying.gif

great digs,, love the eagle ring !!!!!!!!! ya baby,,,, ;D ;D ;D ;D

all the best on your recovery,,

By the way, the eagle ring looks very German, makes me wonder! What kind of hallmarks are inside the band? HH, Mike

damn man. sorry to hear about your ribs. broken ribs are painfull as shit. at least you were able to get some loot before you took the spill.

Those are some very nice finds, especially the ring. ;D

Take the time to heal up good. I suk being out of commission, I know the feeling all too well.

Take 'er easy.........................................NS

Nice display on your finds, Nashoba. You are doing better than most newbies.

Take care of yourself. Remember, the dirt isn't going anywhere. Being laid up really sucks, but it will pass.

God Speed.

DM

OUCH....that was one nasty spill you took. I hope you get healed up soon. That was a very good month you had there. Great haul. That silver eagle looking ring is really awesome.

Rev

Bavaria Mike said:
By the way, the eagle ring looks very German, makes me wonder! What kind of hallmarks are inside the band? HH, Mike
The only marks on this ring are actually stamped on the OUTSIDE of the band right where the feathers start, and say .925 U.S.A.....I found THAT weird, but you're right. It has a definite German lookabout it.

I also wanted to say "Thanks a lot folks". It was indeed a nasty spill and I am truly down for a dew days here. :( The weather is too perfect for words and I am itchin' BADLY to be out there. They say all things happen for a reason, but for the life of me I can't figure out why this particular log bit me! Born and raised in the pacific northwest with a chainsaw in my hand, I have walked many a log for sure. This one was particularly mean however.
Thanks for the kudos on my finds to date. It's very nice to hear that I am doing OK in the eyes of you seasoned vets!

So, for now, this "ol' musclehead" is gong to rad about all of the other cool things people have found. This is one hell of a sight with some truly great people....I am glad to be a part of it!

Thanks again,

~Nashoba~

Oustanding work Nashoba. Sorry to hear of that fall. Hope ya get better soon. Don't worry though. I won't let your spot get cold. Just tell me where it is and I'll hunt it for you....I mean keep it warm... ;D

Laater...

Nashoba....I'm sorry to hear about your fall. Geez, that was some nasty log. :(

Other than that, you're doing great. Nice finds! :) :)

I hope you have a speedy recovery!

Hey Bud, Trees will do that to you while MD"ING! I THINK ITS THAT WE ARE SWINGING ON THIER TURF! ::) I think we all backed it them or had our heads scraped by branches.Or for sum reason they walk into us ! HOPE YOU GET WELL SOON ;)
PS: GREAT FINDS!! ;D

Nash,

Sorry to hear about your injuries. I learned my lesson long ago about stepping over logs. It just so happens it was a nonpoisonous snake I stepped on, but they do bite too. >:(

Rest up, read the forum, come chat with us, and do alot of research. Before you know it you'll be up and swinging again.

BTW, awesome finds. Love that ring!!

;) RR

I love finding those tootsie cars, neat ring to. Hope you git to feeling better soon..

Nice bunch of finds,can tell you've been putting some time in. Just hate to hear about cracked ribs,I got several of mine a lotta years ago and they take forever to heal. The worst part is trying to get some sleep,I can remember having to sleep sitting up in a recliner for quite awhile. I would try using heating par for 20 mins then ice pack for the same or however long you can stand it. Keep repeating several times a day. It wont heal the bones any faster but will help with the muscles surrounding them as well as giving you more comfort than you would expect after the Vicoden script runs out :} And dont stay out of the game for too long or everything will seize up and you may never be the same...HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back