What's new

my most favorite jaw notch arrow point

larson1951

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2009
Messages
4,974
Reaction score
3,894
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
this the best jaw notched point i have found so far
i always think an old woman made it and that she was about the best flint knapper in the mandan culture
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0168.webp
    IMG_0168.webp
    26.7 KB · Views: 396
  • IMG_0169.webp
    IMG_0169.webp
    28.6 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_0170.webp
    IMG_0170.webp
    28 KB · Views: 407
  • IMG_0171.webp
    IMG_0171.webp
    27.3 KB · Views: 430
  • IMG_0172.webp
    IMG_0172.webp
    23.5 KB · Views: 421
  • IMG_0173.webp
    IMG_0173.webp
    28.5 KB · Views: 424
Upvote 0
Yeah, that ones pretty sweet. I those type that have that little "tit" coming off one side of the base. Those are cool.

Steve, did you get my address? If not I'll send it again.
 
That is really a nice point Steve, a real beauty for sure. That is just about as perfect as they get.
 
I truely think some of those are useful works of art! Outstanding!
 
A beautiful piece, the quality and workmanship is amazing.

It's easy to over interpret stuff about points, but you are right, I can imagine an older skilled knapper making that one. The original maker probably wasn't rushed to make it; they picked a particularly nice piece of material, sat down somewhere in the warm sun and just took their time. I bet the arrow that it was hafted on was equally well made.

Likewise, I've found a lot of common tools that show field repairs of just a couple of quick whacks to bring back an edge. I always picture someone standing out in rain, ready to go home for the day, not really happy that his tool broke. (If you've ever changed a flat tire in the rain, you get the feeling.)
 
all I can say is "COOL" I think thats the nicest point I have seen... wes
 
That is an awesome point. Thanks for sharing.
 
My that is very nice. Very similar to the Wa$hita points we find in Oklahoma. Why do you think a woman made it, as that was not really their job?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom