What's new

My Most Recent Hunt, Silver Coins, + A Super Cool Button!

digthatbeep

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2014
Messages
48
Reaction score
131
Golden Thread
0
Location
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got out over the weekend at my new permission, I dug several coins including 3 silver coins & some relics. I also found a really cool button & a rare one from what I've been told, it's a SC Nullification Cuff Button from the 1830's. Thanks for looking & HH!!!

20161016_225238.webp

20161016_225316.webp

20161016_225718.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 28
great_find.gif
Nice finds! Thanks for sharing...
 
I believe John Calhoun was the one pushing for nullification down here in Charleston. Cool find!
 
Wonderful buttons! Congrats. -Lisa & John
 
Congrats on the button. Never heard of that before. Thanks for the history lesson.

Well played sir!
 
Thanks everyone, I appreciate the kind words. It' such a cool piece of history & it's been a history lesson to me as well! Turns out these were ordered for the Governor & his staff so it was probably wore by someone of high importance. Thanks again!
 
Great finds. I like those buttons.
 
Super great find on the button ,and three silvers is no slouch either.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom