My Nox 800 Battery Crapped Out

Eastender

Mar 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ruined my weekend of hunting. After 24 hours of charging it would only show three bars then quickly dissipate in the field. Happened quickly.

It's an easy fix with both video and diagram instructions available. $30 bucks for the battery so around 50 bucks with tax and shipping. Machine is around three years old so not worried about the control box warranty being voided. I put a lot of hours on this machine. Bought the 17" coil but don't use it often. Last year I did have the stock 11" coil ears break off which were warranty repaired without hassle. Best thing is no shipping out of unit, waiting for return, and paying for the heavier shipping.

This works out well for me because I do plan to reserve the new Manticore in November. No need to tie up the cash so long in pre-order. If this repair had been a costly pain I would have purchased the new Deus II. But now I feel good the 800 will have new juice and carry me thru until Manticore delivery early next year. I want to stick with what I know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread