cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It took a trip to England to find them, but, that's the fun of this hobby! The top coin is a 1696 William III shilling, the next line down on the left is a fragment of a 1279 Edward 1st long cross penny, the one on the right is a 1590-2 Elizabeth 1st silver penny, the bottom row on the left is a mid 4th century Constantine Roman bronze, followed by a 355 A.D. Constantius II Roman silver, and a 1659 Joseph Walford copper trade farthing. I recommend taking a detecting trip there if you can. Such tiring fun! :icon_thumright:

Attachments

• 100_1759.jpg
    100_1759.jpg
    918.8 KB · Views: 204
Upvote 39
Yeah, a lot of my YouTube watching, are detectorists in the UK, who find simular age spans - coinage from the ages...! What fun! I envy you!

Beauties, Congrats! I'd say that was a successful trip to the UK!

Hi, wow nice old finds. Congrats:occasion14:

Your be surprised to hear, I think that your rarest find was the Shilling. (In probability terms)

I agree with most of the IDs but the ''Constantius II Roman silver'' has to be incorrect, as it looks like a Denarius & not a Siliqua. So a much earlier Roman silver.

Very well done. Wow.

Enviably set of coins.

Congratualtions on the productive trip...love the old coins! :notworthy:

Awesome Cuda!!! One day if the Lord's willing, me and the misses are going to England and try my luck over there while she shops....lol I'd be satisfied and love to find something half as old as those beautiful coins you found. Congrats on those sweet saves!!! "D"

Very nice. I'd like to go but the trip for me would be near impossible. Back in 1989 or so I was digging at a burned down plantation in South Carolina. I dug this slightly large than a nickle bronze "coin" which turned out to be Byzantine from the 6th century, and last year 2 small Roman coins from NJ where ships' ballast from WWII had been dumped.

But going across the pond would be fun.

The silver Roman coin looks to be from Emperor Trajan

Amazing finds really cool

Gotta love the Roman and old silver. Seems like you had a great time!

John

Now those are some excellent finds ! And to think I get excited when I dig a coin from the 1800's.

Man to find something that old and hold it in your hands. Awesome! Congrats! :icon_thumleft:

Your be surprised to hear, I think that your rarest find was the Shilling. (In probability terms)

I agree with most of the IDs but the ''Constantius II Roman silver'' has to be incorrect, as it looks like a Denarius & not a Siliqua. So a much earlier Roman silver.

I'm totally ignorant about Roman coins, so, I have to take other peoples' word for it. Seeing the number of Romans that you have found, I believe you should be the one who would know. However, the info I gave is what's on the export documents, so, that is what I went by. Is a coin with your I.D. worth more than the one stated? What year range is yours? Do you need a photo of the other side? Thanks, Mark

I'm totally ignorant about Roman coins, so, I have to take other peoples' word for it. Seeing the number of Romans that you have found, I believe you should be the one who would know. However, the info I gave is what's on the export documents, so, that is what I went by. Is a coin with your I.D. worth more than the one stated? What year range is yours? Do you need a photo of the other side? Thanks, Mark
Neither options are very valuable. Seen a few errors in the licences, not a big deal for a coin like that.

I need better photo's of both sides? (dad & I will give it a go but its pretty far gone where the letters are)

Glad that you enjoyed your trip and recovered some sweet finds. I have a few friends that have made the trip to England a few times. It would cost me somewhere around 4 thousand dollars to do that trip. I imagine it cost you more because you had to fly all the way from California

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back