What's new

My oldest point piece. Beaver Lake 10000 B.P.

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this base last yr and nothing else on it since I found it. I took it to the ID with all my other points. I found out some of my tools were actually points and not tools at all. I am only going to post this one for now because it is the oldest one even though it is only a base. Its the only Paleo I have and it was the biggest Heart Breaker. The type of flint used it would of been a great point if it had been whole. Thanks, rock
The small point he took a pic of with his camera, he said it was one of the nicest type in design he had ever seen and might use it later for a ID for an example. I felt honored.
 

Attachments

  • 100_3068.webp
    100_3068.webp
    154.6 KB · Views: 136
  • 100_2753.webp
    100_2753.webp
    142.6 KB · Views: 156
  • 100_2764.webp
    100_2764.webp
    301 KB · Views: 136
Upvote 0
dang rock,had me going there.go get a whole point for crying out loud. just kidding rock that is a cool find
 
So what type of point were you told the whole one was????
An exhausted Savannah River?
I think that's what I see.. or a Jude?
 
You know finding a beaver lake is pretty rare. Yet you see them all over e-bay now days . I can guess that 98% of them that were made are now broke. Nice find Rock !

Here is a base of one it is poorly crafted compared to yours.


100_4342.webp
 
LOL, I threw away so many broken pieces when I hunted in Missouri..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
 
LOL, I threw away so many broken pieces when I hunted in Missouri..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2


TH
You found a ton while in Missouri. I wish you would take time sometime and share your impressive collection. You have some nice things. When I started I kept bases then went thru a period of chunking them. Now I am back to keeping them to study before giving them away. :thumbsup:
 
TH
You found a ton while in Missouri. I wish you would take time sometime and share your impressive collection. You have some nice things. When I started I kept bases then went thru a period of chunking them. Now I am back to keeping them to study before giving them away. :thumbsup:

I have posted pics in the past....

I was finding so many whole points I didn't keep broken ones, I did throw several hundred broken points in a rock garden of previous home but left them there when I moved to Fla....

My best day hunting a creek in Missouri I found 41 whole unbroken points, it was a long hunt, started hunting in morning, hunted till dark...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
 
I hunted yesterday and got some pretty rocks,pottery and one cool knife. Lots of driftwood. Sad.
 
That is a heart breaker Rock. Maybe you can find the other part. It can happen.
 
Well I know its just a base but its a start. Its the oldest one I have found yet so at least I know where to hunt the next time it gets plowed. Wont be done till the fall though.
@ GB no it wasnt either one of those you mentioned. I forgot to write it down, sorry
 
LOL.
The best one he's ever seen.. And you don't remember what he said it was?
 
LOL.
The best one he's ever seen.. And you don't remember what he said it was?
Nope I dont remember. I had been there for a long time and it was hot. I was ready to go home and was tired.
 
that is very cool!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom