Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
20200114_163146.jpg

I found about 150 glass insulators a couple of years ago and finally got them a proper display in the garden. Not done yet. I'm going to run garden wire from the insulators to the garden posts for supports for the tomatoes and cucumbers we grow.
Thanks for looking.

What a great way to display your finds:icon_thumleft:

That's cool all I find are broken ones accept one green one I bought at a yard sale. Well done

That's cool all I find are broken ones accept one green one I bought at a yard sale. Well done

It was amazing to find them all in the woods about 100 yds off the road. I thought I saw an old bottle but when I got close I could see it was a half buried insulator. And then I see more and more and more. Must have been a spot where electric company stashed them.

Cool idea, thank for sharing! :occasion14:

Great idea! I have a friend who is an engineer. for two years he was picking them up for me. I don't even know how many I have now! I told him to stop. They are a PITA for me to clean! But, I do have plans for mine, also. I am supposed to get a shed, and when I do, I am going to use the insulators to run lights around the yard of the shed and the cemetery that we have. Been waiting for a few years now on that shed. Maybe I should start decorating the house with the insulators and he will get the motivation to get my shed built? ???:dontknow::tongue3::icon_scratch::laughing9:

Cool idea, do you get more phone calls now that you have your own pole?

Great idea! I have a friend who is an engineer. for two years he was picking them up for me. I don't even know how many I have now! I told him to stop. They are a PITA for me to clean! But, I do have plans for mine, also. I am supposed to get a shed, and when I do, I am going to use the insulators to run lights around the yard of the shed and the cemetery that we have. Been waiting for a few years now on that shed. Maybe I should start decorating the house with the insulators and he will get the motivation to get my shed built? ???:dontknow::tongue3::icon_scratch::laughing9:

Thank you. I like your idea about using them for lighting. Mine also need cleaning. I'm going to try Iron Out because I have some. If that doesnt work then an Oxalic Acid bath. I also made some tea light holders with insulators as a gift to my wife just to show her that my stuff isn't all junk. Those little tea light candles sit perfectly inside a flipped insulator.

20200122_095337.jpg

Last edited:
Cool idea, do you get more phone calls now that you have your own pole?

Haha, well I am suddenly getting a lot of spam calls on my mobile phone. I might have to go back to simpler times and rig up those insulators.

Curiosity got the best of me and I went through the house and counted 66. I have given some away and I am probably forgetting where I stashed some. What I am kicking myself for is that I could have bought a whole box full of the threaded dowels (?) for $15.00, but only bought 3 for $5.00. And, gave one of those away!

IMG_8748.jpg

IMG_8747.jpg

IMG_8746.jpg

IMG_8745.jpg

IMG_8744.jpg

IMG_8743.jpg

IMG_8742.jpg

IMG_8741.jpg

IMG_8740.jpg

Curiosity got the best of me and I went through the house and counted 66. I have given some away and I am probably forgetting where I stashed some. What I am kicking myself for is that I could have bought a whole box full of the threaded dowels (?) for $15.00, but only bought 3 for $5.00. And, gave one of those away!

View attachment 1793123

View attachment 1793121

View attachment 1793119

View attachment 1793118

View attachment 1793117

View attachment 1793116

View attachment 1793115

View attachment 1793114

View attachment 1793113

Very nice displays WannaDig

Haha, well I am suddenly getting a lot of spam calls on my mobile phone. I might have to go back to simpler times and rig up those insulators.

Funny you say that. I have been getting more spam calls lately on my cell phone than I ever have before in my life

View attachment 1793123

View attachment 1793121

View attachment 1793119

View attachment 1793118

View attachment 1793117

View attachment 1793116

View attachment 1793115

View attachment 1793114

View attachment 1793113

Crazy. They go for $8 a pop around here. There’s a local antique mall that I go to a lot, and they can’t keep them on their shelves long enough. At $8, and you have 66 I’d say you’d make a pretty penny around here

Crazy. They go for $8 a pop around here. There’s a local antique mall that I go to a lot, and they can’t keep them on their shelves long enough. At $8, and you have 66 I’d say you’d make a pretty penny around here

Location location location. They are $1.00 - $2.00 here. If they sell at all. Now purple ones are a different story.

Also I too have been getting spam calls more than ever. Maybe Genemean’s telephone pole works too well? [emoji2957]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back