What's new

My Precious

Prime_Focus

Full Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2008
Messages
187
Reaction score
28
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Iowa
I was hunting a ridge top field between a tight loop of a medium sized river in south central Iowa a couple years ago and found this half grooved axe. The only other things I found were a couple of broken points and flakes but I was still pretty happy on the way back to the truck.
 

Attachments

  • My Precious.webp
    My Precious.webp
    99.1 KB · Views: 146
  • axe3.webp
    axe3.webp
    251.7 KB · Views: 121
Upvote 0
That's an awesome find!
 
Haha I love it ..... I very often refer to my only axe head as my precious too
 
Thanks, guys! arrow86, it's not my only axe but it's the only half groove I have. They're all precious! :icon_thumleft:
 
Are you talking about the one before he picks it up or the other laying there

The 1st picture is the actual in situ picture. If you look closely in the 2nd pic you can see right below the Axe where it was originally laying.
 
Nice!! Really defined groove. Tony
 
Nice axe. Man, you need to get some groceries in you!:laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom