My Precious!

stitchlips

Apr 12, 2008
east coast florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur 1000, CTX 3030
I have been reading this forum for about a month now. I am amazed at the things everyone finds so I had to get a detector. I didn't want to spend a lot at first so I got a bounty hunter tracker iv and I have used it for about 2 weeks.

I AM ADDICTED! so I thought I would start posting some of my finds and communicating with my fellow addicts. In the two weeks that I have had my detector I have managed to get out at least once a day and I have dug lots of holes, of course I filled them in to.

I have been to parks and the beach. I live at the beach so it is rather convenient. I have had my best luck at all of the tot lots. I have found lots of change which I see is referred to as CLAD. Is that an anagram? Coins Low And Dirty? I dunno.... Anyways I have found a few keys, some old bullet casings, one of which is rather large it has to be from a very large gun.

I was at the park the other day, got a signal and was just pulling up the plug, my wife walks over to me and says did you find that diamond ring yet? I pull the plug and see a ring laying in the hole. I look at my wife and hold it up and say no but I just found this.

MY PRECIOUS! If you have seen the lord of the rings then you will understand my precious. Anyways it looks like a copy of the ring from The Lord of The rings, I don't think it has any value but I am amazed that I found it.
ring.jpg

I am now saving up my clad to purchase a more expensive waterproof detector!

Upvote 0
R

RUDY2003

Purdy cool ring. What did she say? :icon_scratch:
"Go forth and acquire that water detector?" :thumbsup:

Ya know, once you're hooked, you're hooked fo life....

Keep safe...

Keith

FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome fellow addict, Great finds and you've also gotten addicted to a great hobby. keep up the good finding.

HH (happy hunting)
fccdfed

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Sweet find.

They sell copies of that LOTR ring for some hefty bucks... some of them have some decent PM's in them.

Hope you found a good one.

~Dave

jraven

Jun 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705
Nice find, I always thought CLAD meant, coins lost and dug..... ;D

Born Free

Oct 27, 2007
Davenport, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like you have the metal detecting bug. :tongue11: There is no cure, fortunately!

Clad is not an acronym, although there are two good ones in this post! It refers to more modern coins that are mostly a cheaper metal covered with a fine coating of a more precious metal. Like pennies used to be mostly made of copper but are now made of zinc that is "clad" with a copper coating. When used on this forum, "clad" means modern coins that are still in circulation.

Get a pinpointer next!

OP
OP
S

stitchlips

Apr 12, 2008
east coast florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur 1000, CTX 3030
Born Free said:
Sounds like you have the metal detecting bug. :tongue11: There is no cure, fortunately!

Clad is not an acronym, although there are two good ones in this post! It refers to more modern coins that are mostly a cheaper metal covered with a fine coating of a more precious metal. Like pennies used to be mostly copper but are now made of zinc that is "clad" with a copper coating.

Get a pinpointer next!

I have thought about it. I really want a waterproof detector. I have a boat and I know of some places where people go that is only reachable by boat and on the weekends they party hard and loose all kinds of stuff. I went snorkeling there and in about 30 minutes, came up with a cell phone, 1 grill, 15 pairs of sunglasses and a twenty stuck in the bottom just waving at me, this was all found just by looking no detector, so just imagine what a detector would find. I have my eyes on a Tesoro Sand Shark, anyone have anything bad to say about them?

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:tongue3:
I think Frodo was makin copies and bootleggin them on the side. I found the same ring a couple months ago at a local elementary. Great find.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

Fast_Dave

Mar 21, 2003
Superior, WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer, White's 6000, Fisher Aquanaut
"One ring to find them all and in the darkness bind them"
Welcome to the dark side, stitchlips! ;D

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job, keepup the great work!!! :thumbsup:
I'm sure you will find a diamond ring on the beach in no time... :icon_pirat:

Born Free

Oct 27, 2007
Davenport, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can look at other parts of the Treasure Net site for info on a particular detector.
Try the Beach & Shallow Water section.
And Metal Detector Reviews - By Owners!

You might also want to consider White's Surfmaster.

That surf and turf area sounds like it will make you enough to pay for the detector in no time!

Whatever you get, post your finds! [:fish: :fish: :fish: and Nemo if he's there.]

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Thats awesome! Yes I think we all understand my precious!!! haha very cool ring though! To bad it wasnt gold.

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland
I just can't believe that the clumsy little
hobbit lost the thing!!! That's the problem
with them, you give them one simple little
task and they cannot focus long enough to
complete it!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread