All Treasure Hunting
thanks Terry!

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, can you buy the Deus outfitted with HF coil or are you stuck buying it as an extra piece? From what I've seen they're 4-500 bucks?

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some are offering it. I think Bart does too...

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good question. I bought mine with the standard coil then got the HF. I haven't used the standard coil since then.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not taking sides or anything but how would the 800 fare with stock on stock?

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So, the shaft could use some improvements in the shape or design? Smokey didn't like the ergonomics of it either. I still want to replace my AT GOLD with either the 800 or the 600 for my water hunting. The Deus is and will remain to be my primary hunting machine with the HF coil. I just don't know if I actually need the extras of the 800 at this point, this of course is subject to change. would a smaller coil help with the ergonomics? enjoyed the video as I usually do, keep em coming my friend. Jerry

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know? I cant wait to see the 6 inch coil.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, the shaft could use some improvements in the shape or design? Smokey didn't like the ergonomics of it either. I still want to replace my AT GOLD with either the 800 or the 600 for my water hunting. The Deus is and will remain to be my primary hunting machine with the HF coil. I just don't know if I actually need the extras of the 800 at this point, this of course is subject to change. would a smaller coil help with the ergonomics? enjoyed the video as I usually do, keep em coming my friend. Jerry

I notice a little shaft rotation on mine. If I hold the coil on the ground I can twist the detector handle sie to side. Something I will definitely have to contact minelab about soon. Smokey is right about it being front heavy.....or whatever terminology you would like to use. At first I liked it but long hunts it stresses the top of your shoulder. High grass makes it worse where you need to put a little behind your swing. I'm having great luck unlocking good coins and relics with it so far. Love the performance.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I really appreciate this specific topic, this thread - a question here - mine may be delivered someday.

I call them elbow crankers, those nose heavy machines. I've had a few and I seldom use the ones I have right now - swing time limiters where actually with the CTX I can swing basically all day. My body gives out versus my elbow.

Lately I've been swinging the Tejon more than the CTX just in the goal of digging everything.

Calabash Digger's posts were very educational here, thank you sir!

I've read many of the EQ posts on varying impressions preparing for someday receiving mine. Nose heavy is a serious concern of mine.

Will I need a bionic right arm?

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its not a boat anchor but the deus has me spoiled..

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I really appreciate this specific topic, this thread - a question here - mine may be delivered someday.

I call them elbow crankers, those nose heavy machines. I've had a few and I seldom use the ones I have right now - swing time limiters where actually with the CTX I can swing basically all day. My body gives out versus my elbow.

Lately I've been swinging the Tejon more than the CTX just in the goal of digging everything.

Calabash Digger's posts were very educational here, thank you sir!

I've read many of the EQ posts on varying impressions preparing for someday receiving mine. Nose heavy is a serious concern of mine.

Will I need a bionic right arm?

Just rotator cuff surgery. :)

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck with surgery. Doctors just "play" at medicine and sometimes mess you up real bad.

It is nose heavy, that ruined it for me. Oh, well.....everything I own hurts anyway so no sense in adding a shoulder to the mix.

I was truly disappointed because it seems to be a good overall machine.

Last edited:

bleeohio

Apr 8, 2017
Nw ohio
Detector(s) used
This space for rent...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with you smokey, I sold my deus to get the eq600. I wish I had a do over..

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Smokeythecat, if your looking at the NOX maybe there is a way to add weights at the Nox arm cuff to draw back the nose weight?

Slowtaknow

Oct 27, 2015
Kannapolis nc
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, Tesoro vaquero, Nokta Simplex, Garrett Csi 250, whites gold master 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A chest rig might work or carbon fiber shaft and redesign. Wondering if you couldn't just cannibalize an older broken detector or buy a cheap one to do it.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTW I see no option to add weight to a machine that's already a pound heavier that what I'm using now. No sense to it.

Just remember the three rules of detecting: have a detector that works, brand doesn't matter much, have targets in the ground and dig them.

I was out today and we dug several hundred items we gave most of to the landowner. Was nice to get out and play with their pet chickens. They got a snack of grapes. I kept a nice late 19th century bottle. Didn't want much from this site.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At 2.9 pounds it weighs next to nothing, if balance is issue adding a short length of tube behind the armcuff, basically extending it will counter balance the front. For me weight is not an issue at all, but then again, I'm only 69 and may not have the problem others have. :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread