NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to help a friend out on her house today on the first day with no rain in a week, I really wanted to be out detecting, but, hopefully the storms have passed and I'll get out soon. Anyway, on my way home I noticed a trash pile that looked like someone had just cleaned out a garage, and me being me, well I just had to snoop around. It turned out to be pretty much all junk, but then I looked in a plastic tub, and couldn't believe what I found, there was a rotted Crown Royal bag full of change! I poured it all into a plastic grocery bag and headed home thinking I had maybe 8 or 9 bucks, but when my girlfriend looked at it, she said "hey some of these are dollars"!

It was mostly pretty crusty and green with lime, so I soaked it in cider vinegar for about an hour, and here it is:
cladday.jpg

Final count :
9 Sacajawea Dollars
4 Susan B Anthonys
3 Kennedy halves (no silver)
89 quarters (only about half of them pictured)
11 dimes
15 nickels
and 27 pennies

All total 38.72 that would have been gone to the landfill if I hadn't stopped to be nosy....

Upvote 0

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats pretty sweet. didnt even need the detector:occasion14:

nov2101

Jul 6, 2012
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i with 2x3" eclipse, 6" DD,12" DD & 12"Hot shot.
Minelab CTX 3030 with 6" DD. 11"& 17"
2@Vibebra pin point probes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep buried or sent out to see with the trash ....Great job... Rumor has it there is more money in the ground than in circulation... Makes you think HMMMMM????

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread