My T2 is PISSED

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Poor old girl is just siting there staring out at all the snow. Dying to get out there with me and find some colonial treasures. I decided I'm going to get the 15" coil. For $99 why the hell not. I'm sending the old girl out next week. Hopefully she enjoys a vacation before it's time to come home and get to work. What a tough winter here in Maine. We set a record for the coldest February on record. In Bangor where I used to live the avg was 6 degrees. Think about that guys....6 for an average. That is stupid cold! Throw 100" of snow on top and that sums up this winter. The upside is that I work for myself and I recently decided that if it was -10 or colder I refused to leave my warm home. So I've had lots of days to snuggle up with my puppy dog and do some good research. I've got a list of colonial sites lined up as long as my arm. Put them in order of priority. Should be a fun season as I've got a number of 1600s sites lined up. I also made some new discoveries about the site that I found the cob and pine tree shilling at so that's exciting. I know this is a pointless post but when you're this bored it's all you got. Good luck my friends. I hope you all find your holy grail this season

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am SOOOO with you A!!!!! We have been 20-30 degrees below our normal for IN and it SUCX!!! Hopefully this crappy weather will make some beauties POP out of the ground for us all!! The new info you have on your Killer sites sound promising and can't wait to see what you pluck from them.. COME ON SPRING!!!!!! GL&HH bud.....

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am SOOOO with you A!!!!! We have been 20-30 degrees below our normal for IN and it SUCX!!! Hopefully this crappy weather will make some beauties POP out of the ground for us all!! The new info you have on your Killer sites sound promising and can't wait to see what you pluck from them.. COME ON SPRING!!!!!! GL&HH bud.....

I know man. We were supposed to have a low of 23 today and it's -8 right now. I hope you're right about the frost driving stuff up from the depths. It should. The scary thing is that if we get a quick warm up and any rain at all we will have terrible flooding. Crazy weather for sure. Where the hell did global warming go? Come come global warming....we need you 8-)

Last edited:

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alaska is gettin all the global warming LOL!!!!!!!

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im hearing rumblings out of my detectors,but thank goodness we dont have the temps you guys have here in the carolinas,but it has still been bad here.BUT....next week we got some highs gonna be in the 50s and up to 70s,and march 8 the time changes again...more detecting time after work.....Im dusting off detectors tday...I hope you guys weather gets better quickly and HH ...Barry

Crown Royal

Greenie
Jan 25, 2015
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a balmy 32 degrees here in Ohio with 5" of fresh snow. Gonna be a few more weeks here at best.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
All of my detectors are lined up along an extra bedroom wall. I swear they are calling me to detect. :dontknow:

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's really weird here in Montana I've been detecting for the last month. Started going over to Plains about a month ago because it thawed early. This is not normal for Montana at all. You guys have our winter and I don't even mind.

RCDIGGS

Greenie
Apr 17, 2013
southeast NH
Detector(s) used
GARRETT ACE, BOUNTY HUNTER PLATINUM, TEKNETICS T2, GARRETT PROPOINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahab8 ...I hope you have sent your detector in by now, it ended march 1st. They are no longer advertising it, but would be worth the call. Mine is stuck in an airport in Fort worth since they got snow. should have received it yesterday. I passed on the coil, tried a friends last year, too heavy.
Good luck and happy hunting
ron

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to make any of you sad....but......high of 70 here today....60s to 70s all week...its about time,hope it stays this way and no doubt im goin detecting tday

JrMack

Feb 16, 2014
steuben co. ny
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter, x-terra 305/505/705,discovery TF 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Getting some snow right now, about an inch or two last night. cant wait to get back in the "swing of things". At least the temps are above freezing during days this week.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just across the "small pond" from you, and this is Mar. 23 today, it was still blizzard this AM.
So I hear you MAN ! hahaha

Going to be a short spring season round hear.

Excellent job or the winters research, sounds like your in for some good hunts .

sample of the worst winter I can remember.

IMG_1457.JPG

Last edited:

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Abe i know your just itching just like i am:laughing7:

The snow here is almost gone and its gonna be 56 and raining thursday so i might just get out this weekend!!
Getting the big guy coil i see! I enclosed a picture of myself after the first year of swinging it..Lucky it's my special lonely night arm..

Looks like Rick is bummin for a while eh...

~Blaze~

Attachments

• Abe's arm.jpg
    Abe's arm.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just across the "small pond" from you, and this is Mar. 23 today, it was still blizzard this AM.
So I hear you MAN ! hahaha

Going to be a short spring season round hear.
Yup this has been a killer! But I have found some sites that I bet money nobody else has found. Took a hell of a lot of digging to find some of these. Nothing is guaranteed but as soon as I can dig I will be putting in some serious time. Hope you get a warm spell bud

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Abe i know your just itching just like i am:laughing7:

The snow here is almost gone and its gonna be 56 and raining thursday so i might just get out this weekend!!
Getting the big guy coil i see! I enclosed a picture of myself after the first year of swinging it..Lucky it's my special lonely night arm..

Looks like Rick is bummin for a while eh...

~Blaze~

We're getting close buddy. Hoping next week I can I get out

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread