What's new

My Visit to the Smithsonian Coin Exhibit

Coins4Cheese

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2009
Messages
657
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Japan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garret Ace 250
Hi everybody. As some of you may know, I recently visited DC. Out of the many museums that I went to, one of the ones that I visited was the coin exhibit at the Smithsonian. Here are some pictures of some of the most rarest and interesting coins and bills in existence.

P.S. Sorry for the really bad quality on the 1913 V nickel. I forgot to turn macro on and didn't find out my mistake until after I left.
 

Attachments

  • 1974 Aluminum Cent.webp
    1974 Aluminum Cent.webp
    21.7 KB · Views: 446
  • $5,000 Bill.webp
    $5,000 Bill.webp
    14.4 KB · Views: 334
  • $100,000 Bill.webp
    $100,000 Bill.webp
    31.4 KB · Views: 297
  • 1804 Dollar.webp
    1804 Dollar.webp
    14.3 KB · Views: 295
  • 1804 Dollar2.webp
    1804 Dollar2.webp
    14.5 KB · Views: 274
  • 1877 $50 Gold.webp
    1877 $50 Gold.webp
    24.3 KB · Views: 270
  • 1913 V Nickel.webp
    1913 V Nickel.webp
    6.4 KB · Views: 315
It kind of surprises me the metal actually touching the coin.
 
Iron Patch said:
It kind of surprises me the metal actually touching the coin.

I thought the same thing. At least it looks as if they used the same alloy as the coins so as to not cause a reaction.

Coins4Cheese - Thanks for posting some very cool pics. :thumbsup:
 
Nice pics. I may be heading there myself next spring. Hope you had a good trip. :thumbsup:
 
Thanks for the interesting pix, didn't know about the Coin Exhibit....
those half unions make me drool.
Good day & Great Digs, Herbie.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom