What's new

Mysterious Shell Casing

jwarner51

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2014
Messages
416
Reaction score
423
Golden Thread
0
Location
United states of America
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I found this rim fire shell casing that looked like a Henry at first, till I saw the end. It juts off and is the exact size as a penny in diameter. Looks very primitive so I'm thinking a very early contained cartridge. It may have a "P" on the back. Any ideas on what this could be? Thanks for looking, GL&HH :)
 

Attachments

  • 1471928118739.webp
    1471928118739.webp
    39.5 KB · Views: 129
  • 1471928128662.webp
    1471928128662.webp
    23.5 KB · Views: 124
  • 1471928138831.webp
    1471928138831.webp
    15.2 KB · Views: 124
  • 1471928146451.webp
    1471928146451.webp
    15.3 KB · Views: 114
  • 1471928155650.webp
    1471928155650.webp
    19.8 KB · Views: 120
Upvote 12
Not a clue. That is a very pronounced rim. I find a ton of live bullets. Never found one like that. I am very interested in what it might be.
 
Interesting find...It looks like either a .45 or .50 cal....I would have to do more reasearch to decide manufacturer etc.
 
Cool. Is that cartridge a rimfire?
 
Look's like a Maynard Cartridge as well , Awesome you found a Complete Round.
What State are you in if you don't mind?
Awesome Find IMO ,I like to Find Old Complete Cartridges Especially Civil War Era Ones.
Hard to find complete these Days. Yours seems to be intact , no cracks in the case.....COOL!
 
Look's like a Maynard Cartridge as well , Awesome you found a Complete Round.
What State are you in if you don't mind?
Awesome Find IMO ,I like to Find Old Complete Cartridges Especially Civil War Era Ones.
Hard to find complete these Days. Yours seems to be intact , no cracks in the case.....COOL!

Thank you! I've never seen one like it before. Nevada btw.
 
Search more, usually bullets dont go out alone
 
Idk if its just me but I cannot see your photos

Thanks. Just click on the red-colored numbered links - two attachments on my orig. post.
However, it may be a Maynard - are they rimfires?
Neat find! Entire cartridges are pretty rare
 
Thanks. Just click on the red-colored numbered links - two attachments on my orig. post.
However, it may be a Maynard - are they rimfires?
Neat find! Entire cartridges are pretty rare

Alright I'll try that! And yes rimfire
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom