romeo-1

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW PBK :o...I think your are absolutely correct...once again you have amazed me... ;D

Upvote 0

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PBK ,I don't think I could have found that. Good job.! Great find.

Upvote 0

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
If you get a chance, Romeo, you might want to pick up a copy of Charlton's Canadian Colonial Tokens. I happened to remember seeing the Starr & Shannon halfpenny and penny tokens there, and just scrounged up a couple of pics from the net to confirm it.

All the best,
PBK

Upvote 0

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PBK said:
Thanks, guys... but as I've often been reminded, anyone can do it!
Thats funny! Anyone with a library full of high priced and specialized reference books and 30-40 years of research and study in said books that is.We know the real deal PBK.A good web search can only bring limited results.I don't care how good you are.Nothing replaces a good book.You are deeply respected on this site for your knowledge and anyone that thinks "anyone can do it",well I don't see them id'ing everything in site,so what's that tell you? I thinks I smells a rat! ;D Do rats eat humble pie? ;D Have a good one!

Upvote 0

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggummup said:
PBK said:
Thanks, guys... but as I've often been reminded, anyone can do it!
Thats funny! Anyone with a library full of high priced and specialized reference books and 30-40 years of research and study in said books that is.We know the real deal PBK.A good web search can only bring limited results.I don't care how good you are.Nothing replaces a good book.You are deeply respected on this site for your knowledge and anyone that thinks "anyone can do it",well I don't see them id'ing everything in site,so what's that tell you? I thinks I smells a rat! ;D Do rats eat humble pie? ;D Have a good one!
;) you said it! 8)

Upvote 0

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Starr & Shannon issued this token in Halifax, Nova Scotia in 1815 (6.1grams). Made of copper, engraved and minted by John Sherriff in Liverpool for Nova Scotia hardware merchants Starr & Shannon.
Kudos to PBK for the ID.
Don....

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread