- Joined
- Jan 9, 2007
- Messages
- 14,115
- Reaction score
- 4,541
- Golden Thread
- 4
- Location
- North Carolina
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 5
- Detector(s) used
- Tesoro Vaquero , Tesoro Silver uMax
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Mystery "face" button - ***SOLVED***
O.K. here's a tricky one. This button was in a group of CW buttons and older buttons I bought Saturday at an auction. They were dug at the Aversboro, NC. battleground back in the 70's. When I cleaned this button up I noticed a face on the front and what looks like lettering around the edge. The shank is not like one I've seen before on CW or even late 1700's buttons. It's a flat band type shank made of brass.
Any idea who that may be on the button and what era this could be from?
Thanks for your help,
MM
O.K. here's a tricky one. This button was in a group of CW buttons and older buttons I bought Saturday at an auction. They were dug at the Aversboro, NC. battleground back in the 70's. When I cleaned this button up I noticed a face on the front and what looks like lettering around the edge. The shank is not like one I've seen before on CW or even late 1700's buttons. It's a flat band type shank made of brass.
Any idea who that may be on the button and what era this could be from?

Thanks for your help,
MM



Looks like it starts with IMP maybe Roman. 









